PDA

View Full Version : How can I make my wedding more Disney?

Bri
11-25-2008, 01:37 PM
hello everyone,

i am getting married in september 2010. we really wanted a disney wedding but ruled that out because i'm not the kind of person who would be ok with lots of people not being able to make it. so we are going to add some disney to our wedding here at home. here are some thoughts i have:
1. instead of table numbers, we will do disney characters. i've already found some awesome pictures
2. we will have a mickey and minnie cake topper
3. we are having a sweetheart table. on the table we will put a mickey and minnie in wedding attire whose noses are magnets also my fiance wants to put the mickey top hat and the minnie wedding ears on the table as well.

that's all i have so far, do anyone have any other suggestions? i don't want it to be tacky disney, i want it to be cute, fun disney.

thanks!

BMan62
11-25-2008, 01:54 PM
Do you know someone going to WDW beforehand? maybe they could get you the 'Wedding/Honeymoon Ears' that are worn by honeymooners down there.

DisneyWhirled
11-25-2008, 02:05 PM
Congrats to you and your fiance!

How about Disney toasting flutes for your and your future husband. You could have them inscribed with your names and dates.

Disney music. Play some Disney tunes while guests are waiting/mingling.

Disney wedding party favors. Surely there must be something that you could give each guest as a special momento of the wedding that is Disneyfied.

That's all I got for now...have a great wedding!!

DizNee143
11-25-2008, 02:38 PM
- disney invitations..
- along with matching disney placecards..
- disney guest book..
- you can some how try to incorporate disney into your centerpieces for the tables..
- you can have your bouquet be one full solid color..then make a classic mickey in the middle of the bouquet with a different color!!
- have your honeymoon at disney!! :mickey:

Bri
11-25-2008, 03:49 PM
thanks for all the suggestions so far! we are gonna do the honeymoon ears and our honeymoon at disney. since the tables are gonna be disney characters, we are gonna put those pics on the placecards as well (i forgot to mention that). we already have our flutes and cake cutter (engagement party gift) so no disney for that :sad: the disney invitations are a good idea. i'm going to print my own i will have to work on designs.

keep the ideas coming!

Diz-Knee
11-25-2008, 04:32 PM
Just a thought - maybe try to incorporate some hidden mickey's - in the bouquet, table setttings, etc.

krose78
11-25-2008, 04:37 PM
Someone might know better but isn't there somewhere that you can register for a disney honeymoon and people can pay towards parts of your honeymoon???

Diz-Knee
11-25-2008, 04:50 PM
Someone might know better but isn't there somewhere that you can register for a disney honeymoon and people can pay towards parts of your honeymoon???

If that's the case, I'm having a second wedding and renewing my vowels! ;) J/K!

Bri
11-25-2008, 09:04 PM
we really like the disney honeymoon registry thing. do you guys think it's tacky to register for people to pay for your honeymoon? i would think it's cute but i don't know how it would look to the guests. is it like saying "thanks for coming to my wedding, please help pay for my honeymoon"

hokies4life
11-26-2008, 08:24 AM
we really like the disney honeymoon registry thing. do you guys think it's tacky to register for people to pay for your honeymoon? i would think it's cute but i don't know how it would look to the guests. is it like saying "thanks for coming to my wedding, please help pay for my honeymoon"

This is actually something that I've been looking at for when DBF and I get married. We'll have been living together for quite a while and will already have anything we really need for our house and lives together, so instead of out right asking for just cash gifts/gift cards, they'll know their money is going toward something you'll enjoy.

It can always just be another registery option. Some people register at tons of different places, so just say "we're registered (here), (here), and Disney World!"

:chipdale:

mouseketeer mom
11-26-2008, 09:11 AM
How about a romantic Disney song for your first dance?? Once upon a dream? Thats so pretty, or something else you might like? Disney favors for the guests? Write a little fairy tale about your courtship and love for the guests to read at their table?? Maybe with a Disney backround?

BugeyedMuggy
11-26-2008, 09:44 AM
There was a couple here in Ct and they had the entire bridal party dressed in princess' & princes. The happy couple were Cinderella & Prince Charming. It was optional but the guests came as Disney characters. There was a picture in the paper and it was cool. Also a horse drawn carriage drove the happy couple. Good luck.

EpcotChic23
11-26-2008, 11:39 AM
I did the exact thing you did. I always wanted a WDW wedding but when I realized a bunch of people were not going to make it I decided to have in Jersey but with a Disney theme. This is what I did:

1-Invitations-mine had Cinderella's Castle on it
2-Place card holders had Cindy's coach
3-Also on that table I had some Disney Snow Globes
4-When Introduced for the fist time walk out to a disney song
5-Toasing flutes
6-Cake topper
7-Favors were champagna glass with Cinderlla's slipper and a bottle of something to go with it

I am sure I could have done lots more but maybe this will help you with some ideas. Good Luck!!!

jakeofwildwood
11-28-2008, 09:32 AM
Use alternating black, red and yellow table clothes (Mickey's colors)

My niece had a Disney wedding and got little castles to put your seating tag into for the tables.

Set up a large cake and two smaller cakes as a hidden Mickey.

Come into the reception with bride and groom mouse ears.

Pick Disney romantic songs, or something plucky, for the reception. Go the distance (the Bolton version, not theatrical); When you wish upon a star, Candle on the water. Remember not everyone is a Disney fan (though I can't imagine why not) so mix it up with natural wedding tunes.

Don't go TOO Disney, nothing would stink more than opening your gifts and it is nothing but a table full of movies you already have at home.

Characters instead of table numbers is a good idea, that strange Uncle Ted can go to the Goofy table. Your mother in law to Grumpy.

If you are a true Disney affecianado then try to have a signature drink/dessert. Tie Dye cheesecake could be cool. Kungaloosh!

As the wedding favor how about a card with your information and a Disney wedding trading pin? You can probably find a batch sale on Ebay (right here through our beloved site) and mouse surplus.

mickeys_princess_mom
11-29-2008, 09:31 PM
Don't know what your cake is like, but on our 30th anniversary cake last weekend we had hidden Mickeys in the "pearls" all around--two pearls on top w/ one centered below. I love the way it came out!
Congratulations!:wave:

Alligirl
11-30-2008, 03:01 PM
Maybe as a favor you could shop here http://www.disneyresortcollection.com

You can get the shampoo/conditioner and round soap they use at the resorts for $10. That would be cute!

brewcrew26
11-30-2008, 08:12 PM
Congrats on getting married!

We named our tables by "lands" in the Magic Kingdom. I found posters online that are underneath the railroad station and matted them to paper.

We also had a Mickey and Minnie cake topper. Our cake decorator made fondant Mickey silhouettes on our cake, too.

I wanted to play theme park music during the reception while the wedding party was taking photos and guests were having appetizers. But, DH turned that down.

I also had a hidden crystal Mickey on my bouquet.

Instead of doing the standard wedding registry, we did the honeymoon registry. It was fabulous! Our trip was amazing.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some other things we did that was Disney-ish, but I'm totally blanking right now.

krose78
12-02-2008, 09:56 AM
What about a autograph book instead of a guest book??

irish1967
12-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Besides our Mickey/Minnie cake topper, I wore Mickey Mouse Pearl Earrings (something "new") and we had the wedding party dance to "A Whole New World" from Aladdin.

Also, I wore a red skirt with a black top to our rehearsal - but no one, at least that I know of, picked up on the "Mickey Colors!"