PDA

View Full Version : Funny Thanksgiving Stories

ShelbyAD
11-25-2008, 10:10 AM
Every family has some kind of "drama" good & bad. Lets hear about the funny ones.

My mom's family is kind of "prim & proper" so it's very rare to have a very funny moment.

One year we are all standing while saying the prayer. After, my Grandfather says "sit everyone sit." I leaned over to my mom and said "sit Ubu sit" and replied "good dog". You know that black lab at the end of some shows w/ the frizbe? We cracked up!!! :funny:

DisneyDog
11-25-2008, 10:43 AM
Well, there was the year that we bought these beautiful, fancy looking dog cookies. You know the ones that look so much like people cookies? Well, DH's step-mother thought they looked too good to be dog cookies. We TOLD her they were dog cookies, but she insisted on trying them ANYWAY. Ugh. She tasted one, right in front of all of us and pronounced that they tasted awful -- like garlic. We all cracked up, and I still, to this day, can't believe that she tasted one!

QTPie68
11-30-2008, 01:07 AM
Well.....not too funny, but when it was Thanksgiving and us kids were teens and at home, I used to always make sure to pass the turkey to my younger brother and say "Here have some.....turkey" with a nice pause.

Mom quit serving peas cause you know what we said to that one :D