PDA

View Full Version : expiration / no-expiration park tickets?

CU Tiger
11-24-2008, 10:30 PM
If you buy a packaged deal that included 7 days worth of park tickets that expire, but you only use 5 days worth, can you turn the remaining two days into no expiration for a fee for just those two days?:confused: The package we are looking to purchase only removes a total $25 a day if we select less days worth of tickets for the four of us. It does not make sense to turn down a $70 ticket per person for just $25, but there are days we choose not to go into the park. We hate to have days remaining and let them go to waste.:mickey:

Goofy4TheWorld
11-24-2008, 10:38 PM
Nope, the cost to upgrade will always be based on the price difference for the original number of days on the ticket. It would be best to let those days expire.

CleveRocks
11-25-2008, 07:22 AM
If you buy a packaged deal that included 7 days worth of park tickets that expire, but you only use 5 days worth, can you turn the remaining two days into no expiration for a fee for just those two days?:confused: The package we are looking to purchase only removes a total $25 a day if we select less days worth of tickets for the four of us. It does not make sense to turn down a $70 ticket per person for just $25, but there are days we choose not to go into the park. We hate to have days remaining and let them go to waste.:mickey:

Try not to look at the average price per day, and instead look at the actual price per day.

After the 4th day, each day of a park ticket costs ONLY $3 per day.

I guess the bigger question is, why buy a bigger ticket that you need? If you have 7 nights reserved in a resort, there is no requirement that you buy a 7-day ticket. You can buy a 5-day ticket as part of that package, if you so choose. You have that freedom.

No expiration can be a terrible rip-off if you're not careful. It's ONLY a good deal if the leftover days will completely cover your park needs for one or more future trips. If you have to add extra days on your next trip, it's INCREDIBLY more expensive than simply buying separate expiring tickets for each trip.

I can supply the math, if you request. It's easy to understand but it's a lot to type ... I'll be happy to do it if you ask.

Scott C
11-25-2008, 01:01 PM
on our last trip -- we did look at the actual per day cost. Usually we will take a couple of days off. This trip we did not -- but did not feel bad for only going to the park for a couple of hours -- what's $3.00 anyhow. We checked into POP about 6:00 -- got settled in. Then I turned to the wife and said "want to go see illuminations" -- shoot why not. I think that you might wind up using the seven days anyhow

Thanks
Scott C