PDA

View Full Version : Wyland Galleries..

henry.james.s
11-24-2008, 08:04 PM
Wondering if anyone here, besides me has purchased artwork from any of the Wyland galleries at the resort.:confused:

I purchased one of the Luis Sottil paintings featuring Leapords called "Serene Power" a few years back at the Boardwalk. So colorful & beautiful. A great reminder of great times. :thumbsup:

Figaro
11-24-2008, 08:52 PM
I hadn't known that Wyland had stores at Disney until I was working at Poly one night for a fireworks cruise and went walking thru the lobby. His art is awesome, I'm hoping to purchase some of his work when I go back!

mook3y
11-24-2008, 10:16 PM
have not bought yet, but I love his lucite waves with disney characters surfing.

Yes, I love the paintings, but that was the one item that i fell in love with.

SurferStitch
11-25-2008, 12:12 AM
I've bought a couple pieces of turtle jewelry at the one in the Poly.

I also purchased Kauai Dreams by James Coleman there this past May. It's a beautiful fine art giclee on canvas of Lilo and Stitch surfing at sunset. It's number 30 out of 95. I absolutely love that piece of art!

TinkerbellT421
11-25-2008, 09:20 AM
DBF has a cryslta/glass wave thing he got from there a while back. I am hoping someday maybe he will buy me something from there :mickey: I would love that more than anything. But a girl can dream right? :cloud9:

free_money
11-26-2008, 03:37 AM
If I had the money I would purchase just about every piece in the Wyland galleries. My favorite pieces are the ones where your eye level is even with the ocean and you have an equal amount of underwater and above water. The only thing I can do now is take a picture of the paintings and dream about owning them.

brewcrew26
11-30-2008, 08:05 PM
My brother has purchased two Wyland portraits from the resorts. One with Ariel and another with sharks underwater. Really pretty.

DisneyDog
12-08-2008, 10:57 AM
The artwork is so vibrant. They just transport you to an ocean wonderland. I would especially love some jewelry from there. I love the shop on the Boardwalk.

Ropachs
12-09-2008, 01:18 PM
We first saw his work in Hawaii and loved it, but didn't purchase. We walked through his gallery in the Polynesian a couple months ago and absolutely fell in love with one of Mickey running on the beach. Way out of our price range, so if you want to surprise a stranger, feel free to send it to us anytime:)

WedWay Peoplemover
12-16-2008, 01:02 AM
A bit of trivia...

Wyland did a huge mural inside the Renaissance Resort Sea World. You can walk in easily from the Sea World parking lot.

"The more you know" ;)

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-01-2009, 08:38 PM
I too first saw Wyland's work in Hawaii and fell in love with it. I wish I could afford to buy some of his "real" art but all I could afford was a poster. Maybe someday.

Jayna222
01-04-2009, 05:53 PM
His artwork is AMAZING. The closest I've ever come to owning his art was a calendar a few years ago hehehe

BedknobsandBroomsticks
01-09-2009, 09:21 AM
We purchased a beautiful numbered/signed litho of a mother and baby blue whales when we were at Boardwalk before we had kids. This must be 13 years ago, roughly. Still looks lovely in our LR and a reminder of good times. My husband also bought me a ring from the gallery. Gold with Hawaiian flowers on it. Gorgeous! I wear it all the time. Now of course when we go we buy stuffed animals for our 3 kids. :D