PDA

View Full Version : Reccomendations @ Epcot....

missymouseworld
11-24-2008, 02:31 PM
If you had a choice of dinner at the Coral Reef at Epcot or the San Angel Inn (Mexico) which would it be? Take into consideration we have 3 children, 6,12,15 included in our party of 7 vacationers. We did the Garden Grill Character dining a few times, and did Akershus Royal Banquet Character dining also, so we are looking for something else.....Thanks.:blush:

wendy*darling
11-24-2008, 03:06 PM
Personally, DH & I like San Angel better.
San Angel often has very mixed reviews- many people hate it, many people love it.
We love the atmosphere and the food.
If you have any picky eaters though, this may not be the best place for them.

I think as far as "entertainment" value while waiting for your meal- nothing beats the view of the fish at the Coral Reef! It is a truly unique restaurant. The food is OK. We dined here in September this year and had a decent meal. Our server was pleasant, and we had a wonderful table right next to the glass of the aquarium.

I think the desserts are far better at Coral Reef too! :secret:

henry.james.s
11-24-2008, 03:08 PM
For overall upbeat vibe.. San Angel Inn but take into account what everyone, kids too..likes to eat. :thumbsup:
Coral Reef is more "unique" but the food is,IMO so so.

SBETigg
11-24-2008, 03:41 PM
San Angel Inn would be my choice because it is a favorite of my children. They love the atmosphere and really enjoy the food. Keep in mind the tables are really close together. Once you're seated, you're pretty well wedged in.

They did not like Coral Reef. The atmosphere was nice, but the meal took forever and they got so bored. Watching the fish made them relaxed and then cranky and tired as the service took so long. And then we had numerous problems with the food and we were very unhappy there. We haven't been back in years.

You might also consider Biergarten. The food is not my favorite, but there is a lot of variety and there's usually something for everyone. The fun part is the band. Kids get up and dance. It's really a joy to watch. And the atmosphere is really neat, like a Bavarian village at night. With a large group and kids in different age groups, this could be a way to go. Another entertaining option for a large, diverse party is Teppan Edo.

missymouseworld
11-24-2008, 04:02 PM
At the San Angel Inn, what would be an example of the items on the kids menu?....concerned for the 6 & 12 yr. old.

KatMark
11-24-2008, 04:23 PM
My personal choice would be Coral Reef. But I don't like mexican food at all so this was an easy one for me.

Tbelle1976
11-24-2008, 05:01 PM
I decision I couldn't make either...that's why we are doing both. If I did have to choose one or the other I would do San Angel, but DH would have picked Coral Reef. I've heard mixed reviews on both but we are looking forward dining there!

mrp4352
11-24-2008, 05:19 PM
Honestly, I would only do San Angel Inn for a mid afternoon break (appetizers and margaritas). The food is fairly bland (keep in mind, I'm fro, Texas) and the tables are uncomfortably close together.

We regularly enjoy the Coral Reef and only once had poor service (and that seemed to be limited to our server - we watched other tables of larger parties eat and leave 30-40 minutes before we did).

I second the recommendation for Germany! Good food, fun entertainment and a beautiful room!

AllDisney
11-24-2008, 05:30 PM
I think the children would really like Coral Reef the best. That awesome tanks for a view is wonderful.

missymouseworld
11-24-2008, 06:14 PM
I am leaning towards the Coral Reef also, only because I know the little one would be occupied watching the fish and I do remember when going on the Mexico ride, seeing the tables at the restaurant and they seemed to be really packed in there. Thanks for everyone's input.
Now, we have to figure out dining at DHS and Magic Kingdom.

How is the Sci-Fi restaurant at DHS?

disneyworld55925592
11-29-2008, 10:09 PM
san angel inn they make excellent large portions of mexican food!

Natazu
11-29-2008, 10:49 PM
How is the Sci-Fi restaurant at DHS?
Sci-Fi Dine-In (Table Service) ☺
Average, boring, and overpriced food served in an interesting and fun atmosphere. It’s ok to come around midday, take in the surroundings, have a milkshake (which they do well) and watch a few clips of The 50’ Woman and Creature from the Black Lagoon. I highly recommend against making this a dinner spot. There are so many much better restaurants at Disney.

kathiep
11-30-2008, 11:18 AM
My kids did not enjoy San Angel Inn. They love Mexican food - but our food was only so-so. Plus they were so cramped and crowded, they got very cranky.

love2teach
11-30-2008, 02:11 PM
At the San Angel Inn, what would be an example of the items on the kids menu?....concerned for the 6 & 12 yr. old.

All meals served with juice, 1% milk or small bottled water
(specialty drinks)

Choice of one appetizer, one entree and one dessert

Appetizer
Steamed Mixed Vegetables

Entrees

Pollo Con Fideos - Chicken tender served with "fideos" (angel hair pasta in a light tomato sauce topped with shredded cheese)

Mahi-Mahi - Grilled fillet of Mahi-Mahi served with white rice

Quesadilla de Pollo - grilled flour tortilla filled with low-fat cheese and chicken. Served with Mexican rice.

Kid's Dessert
Fruit Cup

Raspberry and Banana Smoothie

Love the atmosphere of both places! :sombrero: Hopefully the mariachi band will come out while you are eating!