PDA

View Full Version : High Blood pressure questions

Tinksmom
11-24-2008, 09:33 AM
Hi folks!
We are hoping to be able to take our scheduled trip in 2 weeks to the World. Our hold up is our DD5 has a weird condition called post-streptococcal GN. It's not contagious, but a rare side effect from strep where it aggrivates the blood vessels in her kidneys. It should go away in a few weeks or months (I'm hoping for weeks), but in the meantime she is on high blood pressure medication and a low sodium diet to help her kidneys function better.
So here are my questions:
At the First Aid Stations are they able to check your blood pressure? We are having to monitor and check in with her doctor with her numbers to make sure it stays under control.
Second, does anyone know of low sodium options offered in the park besides fresh fruit and veggies? I'm so easy to find information on allergens or sugar, but sodium is so overlooked. I know I never paid attention to it until last week!
It will not be a big deal if we have to postpone our trip, but I'm just trying to get as prepared as possible if we do go. Thanks for any help!

Strmchsr
11-24-2008, 09:46 AM
Yes, the First Aid stations can check blood pressure.

As for low sodium, I can't tell you specifically about foods, but WDW Dining is wonderful at helping folks with special dietary needs. Be sure to note your need when you make ADRs and, if necessary, the chef will come out and talk to you about her options. They have been great with my DS8, who is a diabetic, in making sure he gets something good to eat. They'll do the same for you.

Renfairwedding
11-24-2008, 12:25 PM
My doc changed my meds before our last trip. I found I was geeting dizzy so I used the services of the nurse in the first aid station a few times.

Best thing there was no lines... :waycool:

Enjoy!