PDA

View Full Version : EPCOT Flower & Garden Festival

Maleficent_vf
11-23-2008, 08:38 PM
I'm looking for any information/experiences anyone has with EPCOT's Flower & Garden Festival. Is it worth planning a trip around? What's free and what costs $$$? Does it have a big impact on crowds at EPCOT?

Thanks!

JoDisney
11-23-2008, 09:01 PM
It is definitely worth a look! See "Info Central" above. Scroll down to the "Flower and Garden Festival." You will read what is offered. There are lovely visual delights throughout Epcot Future World and the World Showcase. There are experts that will have scheduled seminars. Also, there are many things available if you wish to purchase.

Polynesian Dweller
11-23-2008, 09:10 PM
I think it somewhat depends on your interests. When we planned a trip around it we were somewhat disappointed. Don't know quite what we expected but there weren't the number of plantings we had expected. The F&WF in the fall turned out to have a lot more to offer. But, perhaps if you are into gardening in a big way it might be what you are after.

chrisb26
11-23-2008, 09:27 PM
We have been going down then for a couple of years and really enjoy it. We go in May anyways so it works out. Last year we were there the first week of May and the crowds were pretty light.

I think the Flower and Garden Festival is pretty cool it is neat what they can do and how much the topiary's look like the characters.

Disney Lynn
11-24-2008, 07:01 AM
I notice that you're from NY; we're from NJ. We did go to the F&G several times, and although it is beautiful and a pleasant time of year for WDW, I don't recommend that you go just for the flower and gardening information. In our past experiences, all the seminars and many of the exhibits were aimed at Florida or southern climates. Nothing for those of us in the cold north!

The Flower Power concerts are a "hoot" if you're in my age demographic (boomer years LOL), but the performers were unknowns to older and younger crowds.

Of course, any excuse to go to WDW..........!

Diz-Knee
11-25-2008, 03:54 PM
We've been there on our past two visits during the flower and garden show, but didn't purposely plan around the festival. Except for garden items, and t-shirts to purchase and such, I don't recall there being any additional costs involved. There are a few booths set up with these items. My MIL loves it and enjoys the butterfly exhibit and the park is beautiful with special topiaries and flowers all over the place. I don't think the crowd levels are affected by the festival - we've traveled the last week of April/first week of May.