PDA

View Full Version : Good news, bad news ADR!

Dawneeeey
11-23-2008, 06:07 PM
Good news - I got an ADR for Cali Grill for my birthday, Sunday, January 11th, bad news: not until 9:30PM. Wishes is at 8PM and there is EMH at MK that night.

Le Cellier is booked for our entire trip, also bad news. My DH is going to be SO bummed.

So I'm not sure if I want to go to dinner that late, but I know it's so worth it.

Hoop De Doo is available, but I don't know that I want to go ON my birthday.

Dilemmas, decisions, Gah!!!!

What would you do?

Tbelle1976
11-23-2008, 06:32 PM
Personally, I would keep the ADR and try calling back everyday to see if any earlier time opens up. I'm much rather do Cali Grill than Hoop De Doo for my b-day.

AuntLaura
11-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Depends on whether you like attention or not. Have you been to Whoop-de-doo? They ask for any birthdays in the audience. We love Cali, but had a late reservation one time. We were so tired by the time we got a food, we really didn't enjoy it and didn't even want to stay for dessert. If you go to Cali, take a good afternoon nap.

mouseketeer mom
11-23-2008, 06:57 PM
It will be beautiful eating at Cali Grill that late at night. The castle will be lit, and all of the lights across the water! I'm sure they would let you watch Wishes from the platform if you can prove you have an ADR later that evening. They did that for us. I would keep California Grill.

henry.james.s
11-23-2008, 07:10 PM
Go earlier and ask at check-in if you can wait in the CG's lounge area in case there are any no shows. There are every night. Tell them it's your B'day dinner as well. They'll do their best to help you..the staff there is great!! :number1:

pdrlkr
11-23-2008, 08:29 PM
I will be celebrating my birthday on 1/10 at Chef Mickey's. So, have a Happy Birthday! Keep the ADR and try going over early to the if they can let dine sooner. :thumbsup:

SBETigg
11-23-2008, 09:48 PM
I would happily go to California Grill, but that's not too late for me to eat. You know you can still go up early to take advantage of the observation deck for fireworks viewing?