PDA

View Full Version : Schedule during taping of parade

mkoths75
11-23-2008, 03:43 PM
hello! i was informed that the taping of the Christmas Parade at the Magic Kingdom would be done during the first week of December. This happens to be the same week that my family will be visiting. is there a way to find out the schedules of the taping of the parades??? So that we can possibly see it or maybe even avoid the area if it will be too crowded??? Thanks

Strmchsr
11-23-2008, 04:18 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!

The Christmas Parade is taped Dec 5-6. They'll do all the music acts in front of the castle on Friday and tape the parade on Saturday, using Sunday as a make-up day if needed. It's really not anything you want to both trying to watch because 1.) MK is insanely crowded those days and 2.) It's not just one parade. They run one float at a time, back it up, run it again, back it up, and so on until they're through with it then they send the next float. It's a lot of standing around doing nothing and goes from early morning until 3-4 pm.

Daisy'sMom
11-23-2008, 04:56 PM
That's why we are avoiding MK on Friday and Saturday, sticking with Epcot and HS.:mickey:

mickeytravel
11-23-2008, 06:58 PM
We booked our trip last minute(about 4 months ago) i couldn't figure out why everything was booked for ADR. Then i found out it was the parade. I hope it is not insanely crowded. I did this because we had gone in julymwhen it was insanely crowded and hope this would not be.

Strmchsr
11-23-2008, 07:17 PM
I hope it is not insanely crowded. I did this because we had gone in julymwhen it was insanely crowded and hope this would not be.

MK is very crowded on parade days. The other parks are crowded on weekend, but not horrible, so just avoid MK on Dec 5-6 and you'll be fine.

kristnjohn
11-24-2008, 09:59 PM
Are the area's around Main Street and the Castle busy, while the rest of the park is a little more manageable? I thought I heard somewhere that you needed to have a ticket to access the Main Street area for the parade taping?

Strmchsr
11-25-2008, 08:00 AM
The areas around Main St (Saturday) and the Castle (Friday) are the most insane. The park is manageable, but it's still pretty crowded.