PDA

View Full Version : Attendance in regards to 4/3 promo

Recusit8m
11-23-2008, 04:03 AM
Hi all...New poster here from Indiana...Hope all is well with everyone...Just a quick question...Taking the family to WDW Jan 4-Jan 11 (took advantage of the new 4/3 promo) and wife and I were really concerned on how this would affect the attendance levels now...Unoff guide stated predom 5's but we are really concerned that due to this promo it will skyrocket to holiday status...Thanks all...Jay:mickey:

iheartdisney
11-23-2008, 09:53 AM
Welcome to Intercot! :mickey: You're right to be concerned but I really don't think there's any way of predicting. While it might boost attendance in the parks, there's still the fact that times are tight for many people, those who STILL can't take advantage of the deal. Plus, while many more might be staying at WDW resorts the ones who never stay on property might be staying away due to the economy, as well. And not wanting to build false hope but who knows what can influence crowds on a particular day? One year we went at a typically "low crowd" period and it was soooooo crowded! We asked several CM's what they attributed it to. There had been 2 hurricanes that hit Florida in one month and those who had to postpone their vacation waited a couple months and then joined us on OUR vacation. The first week in December (when we were there) hit record attendance levels. No one was expecting it. So......who really knows. I'm sorry this doesn't help. I say, prepare for the worst and enjoy - you may be pleasantly surprised!

tinklover
11-23-2008, 09:56 AM
First let me start off by saying :welcome: To Intercot.
as far as the corwds go during that time I guess the only way to know is when people start posting how crowded it is? I am sure some will be along soon with more info for you.

Tbelle1976
11-23-2008, 12:44 PM
:welcome:

Along with everyone else, I would also have to say you never really know how crowded it might be until you get there. We have gone many different months and hope for low attendance, but you just never know.

Just be sure to plan everything ahead of time and account for a high attendance so that your not let down. If it's not too crowded and you have extra time for things then consider yourself lucky and enjoy it!

jonah'smom
11-23-2008, 05:18 PM
Hello! Welcome to Intercot!

We will also be at WDW Jan 4-11, so I'm hoping for low crowds. Personally my take on the 4/3 promo is that because it is spread over a lengthy time period (6 months versus 2-3 month windows previously offered) the crowds will be spread over the whole time. It is possible that they only released a smaller amount of rooms for the more crowded time frames and a larger amount for less peak periods. I personally don't think that this will be affected like free dining where there are mobs of people crowded into the time frame.

A lot of people that took advantage of this offer were already planning to go to WDW anyway. I know I was, I just changed my dates by a couple days to take advantage. I'm sure they have reeled in some additional guests by this promo, but with the economy the way it is, I don't even think this deal will lure some in that are really struggling financially.

TinkerbellT421
11-23-2008, 05:35 PM
First of all I wanted to say :welcome: to Intercot! Im sure you will be amazed bythe info you find out here!

An answer to your question is I just seconded pretty much what everyone else said. Me and DBF always travel to the world in January (we will also be there but from the 6th-16th). We find that when we go (usually the start of the end of the first week into the second week) there is less crowds. Last year we were there at our usual time frame and I dont think there was that promo then but if there was we saw no difference than the time before that. If there is a "crowd" it wont be even half as bad as it can get during school vacations and holidays. The only thing I can say for sure is if you can try to stay away from the parks on weekends. Usually on weekends DBF and I will go hang around at the pool, hotel room, downtown disney, or the boardwalk. Locals usually are there on the weekends and no matter what "less-crowded" time of the year it is weekends are horrible! We went to MK on a Sundy this past January to catch the Castles lights before they took them down and it was so crowded :crowd:! The next day (monday) we were back in MK and the difference was amazing! But thats in my opinion.

Hope any of this info helps. Either way, no matter what, you are fortunate enough that you will be in the world!!!! Wooohooo!! :thumbsup:

Recusit8m
11-23-2008, 07:04 PM
Hi all...Thank you so much for your info...We are really looking forward to the trip and as stated before by another poster above...We were already planning to go during that week...Wife is finishing off her degree and she is in desperate need of a vaca...Original plan was for 1/5 - 1/9 but shuffled our plans to accom. for the 4/3 plan...had to move hotels but Que Sara Sara...Taking our 8yo daughter and 3yo son for their first trip...Previously we went in Oct and it was a blast...First time in Jan, so who knows...:confused: Just nervous i guess...Would lose my mind if we had to wait 2 hrs to get on Small World lol...