PDA

View Full Version : wonders of life

mouselover93
11-22-2008, 10:39 PM
im not positive but i heard that wonders of life is open seasonally. is that true? and if so would it be open december 5th- december 12th?

Polynesian Dweller
11-22-2008, 11:23 PM
Nope its closed. They basically removed everything and are just using it for things like the Food & Wine Festival centre. It might still be listed as seasonal but there isn't anything to open. Sorry.

PetefromRI
11-23-2008, 08:50 AM
As far as I'm concerned it was one of Disney's greatest blunders to close this great pavillion along with Horizons and World of Motion!

mainemajor
11-23-2008, 09:16 AM
It was a fun pavillion where you could spend as much or as little time as you wanted. Wonders of Life - RIP :(

dfamasb
11-23-2008, 10:32 AM
I was lucky enough to visit one of the last times it was open in Dec '06 and experience it's attractions one last time :(

Polynesian Dweller
11-23-2008, 12:31 PM
As far as I'm concerned it was one of Disney's greatest blunders to close this great pavillion along with Horizons and World of Motion!

Although I agree that it is unfortunate to have closed this, I can't agree that its a blunder. The sponsor of the pavillion withdrew and no other came along. That's not a blunder but economics.

Roland
11-23-2008, 06:05 PM
It was closed for quite a while but it was opened earlier this year. It didn't have ANY of the original shows like my favorite Cranium Command. I forget what's in the building now but it required about 12.5 seconds of my time to see interesting things. This was in May.

Polynesian Dweller
11-23-2008, 06:39 PM
I forget what's in the building now but it required about 12.5 seconds of my time to see interesting things. This was in May.
At that time it was probably being used for the Flower Festival center. That and the F&FW centre in the fall is about all the building is being used for. In October, there were no attractions in the building just F&FW activities.

sportsguy2315
11-24-2008, 12:50 AM
I was lucky enough to visit one of the last times it was open in Dec '06 and experience it's attractions one last time :(

I was also lucky enough to visit in Dec 06, and I find it quite sad they gutted WoL. I view it as the "Charlie Brown Christmas Tree" of WDW, great potential (especially with the nation's growing obesity rate), it just needs some work (and love).

AnnetteFan
11-24-2008, 02:37 AM

I really don't think I'd go as far as to say that. It always seems like a blunder when Disney closes an attraction without replacing it but I wouldn't consider any of the attractions within WoL on par with dark rides like WoM or Horizon's. Body Wars was terribly outdated just like Star War's, not such a major loss. What's more of a blunder is the wasted space they could be using to add something new.

love2teach
11-30-2008, 02:03 PM
I liked the Wonders of Life! I loved:goofy: athletic Goofy with his top that doesn't cover his belly and his athletic shorts-hehehehehehe!

JujuB213
11-30-2008, 05:17 PM
Aw man, I loved Cranium Command:(

Imagineer1981
12-02-2008, 12:42 PM
WoL was severely outdated. body wars was rough and no different then Star Tours. I LOVE Cranium Command, but my little sister has no idea who Hans and Frans are, and John Lovitz and "Norm" from cheers, and Bobcat, they are 80s/early 90s guys and just date the show.

locutus
12-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Although I agree that it is unfortunate to have closed this, I can't agree that its a blunder. The sponsor of the pavillion withdrew and no other came along. That's not a blunder but economics.

So the sponsor dropped out. Since we all pay such high ticket prices we are paying for the attractions in a way. If the attractions are built they should be open. Disney as far as im concerned shouldnt be relying on sponsors for their theme park.

mcjaco
12-02-2008, 01:56 PM
So the sponsor dropped out. Since we all pay such high ticket prices we are paying for the attractions in a way. If the attractions are built they should be open. Disney as far as im concerned shouldnt be relying on sponsors for their theme park.

Without sponsors, there wouldn't even be EPCOT. Or any of the other parks, for that matter. Pavilions take a huge amount of money to design, build and maintain. Sponsorship is vital to all of the parks, as there's no way ticket sales could keep the parks running by themselves.

As for WoL. I always found it to be kind of a half hearted pavilion (no pun intended). I never understood the love for it. Everything else in Future World was so grand, and it came off as carnival cheap.

FenwayGirl
12-09-2008, 02:38 PM
We always enjoyed the Martin Short movie...The making of me!:blush:

Stu29573
12-09-2008, 04:07 PM
Although WOL was never my favorite, I do think it's a shame, and probably a blunder, to remove something and not replace it. I understand that sponsorship is needed in most cases, but it seems that when an attraction is already designed, installed and payed for, Disney could pay for upkeep- at least until they find another sponsor to build something better. Having "ghost buildings" or "ghost areas" in parks is simply bad for business. It gives the impression that things are not going well for the Mouse, and while that may be true (as it is for all of the economy) one never wants to give that impression. It devalues the overall experience, and since ticket prices are going up, many park-goers feels taken advantage of. Of course, this isn't the case, but in entertainment appearance is everything.