PDA

View Full Version : I'm Going To The Yacht Club For Free!!

jakeybake
11-22-2008, 02:49 PM
I'm writing from cloud 9!!

Just found out that my company is sending me to the Yacht Club for a training the week of December 14th, all expenses paid!!

I am in shock!! It has always been a dream of mine to visit at Christmas time and now it's happening right next door to my favorite resort in the world (Beach Club!)!

I am in complete shock right now!! I can't tell you the whirlwind that has gone on since I found out Thursday morning. Dinner reservations, booking my flight, planning my intinerary, convincing my kids that this is a good thing etc.

Sorry for the gushing but I had to share this will all my fellow WDW nuts!!

Jay

DebK
11-22-2008, 02:52 PM
Wow! Congratulations! You will love all of the Christmas decorations. It is the best time of year to go.

PetefromRI
11-22-2008, 02:53 PM
That sounds totally awesome.I'd love to get some training at WDW also.Can you sign me up?How long will you be there and will you get some park time?(I'm sure you will).I'm really happy for you!:thumbsup:

jakeybake
11-22-2008, 03:26 PM
Thanks!

I'll be there for 5 days. First day and last day are all mine with the training the 3 days in between. Best part of all is that the training ends each day at 3:00 so I have from that point on to myself and Park Hopper passes are included.

I will be flying out of the trainings and straight to the parks!

Couldn't of worked out better because Epcot is my favorite park. Also, I have the earliest flight out from Boston on the 14th and the last flight out from Orlando home on the 18th so I get 2 full days on both ends to myself.

I'm a big time planner so for me it's pretty whacked that I am leaving in only 3 weeks. I feel completely unprepared!!

Jay

SBETigg
11-22-2008, 05:01 PM
That's fantastic, wow! Have an amazing time!

Dawneeeey
11-22-2008, 05:04 PM
ooh! you lucky duck!!

I hope you have a great time!! I love all the decorations around the holidays!:santa3:

Tbelle1976
11-22-2008, 05:28 PM
:congrats: I'm sure you'll have a "magical" time!

mouseketeer mom
11-23-2008, 09:21 AM
WOW!! Thats some Disney holiday magic for ya'!!! Enjoy yourself!!

goofy for pluto
11-23-2008, 10:59 AM
Congratulations!
Have a magical time!
:deer: :tree: :santa3:

mudpuppysmom
11-23-2008, 07:03 PM
WOW!! Congrats!!

I wish the firm I used to work for would have sent us for "training" at Disney.....better yet, having to stay there for a trial would have even been better (or not since I would have had to work most of the time).

Still -- WOWOWWWWWW, what an early Christmas present!!

TinkerbellT421
11-23-2008, 07:57 PM
WOW! Thats awesome! Congratulations! Have a magical time! What a great christmas present from the Disney gods for you!!! hehe!:mickey:

iheartdisney
11-23-2008, 09:39 PM
Hey! I wanna work for your company...are they hiring? :mickey:

sportsguy2315
11-24-2008, 12:47 AM
I agree with a previous poster...the Yacht Club's Christmas decorations are really cool! :)

Kairi_7378
11-24-2008, 05:48 AM
That's incredible! Enjoy every minute of it!

jakeybake
11-24-2008, 08:19 AM
Thanks!

I totally lucked out. It just came together last Thursday. I am still somewhat in shock to be honest.

I went to a conference at the Grand Floridian in March and never imagined I would have another shot at a free, solo Disney vacation again.

I'm a huge planner so the short notice thing has really thrown me for a loop. Already made my ADR's for each night and booked my flight immediately (only $249 r/t with no stops) so the rest is just weather planning and day to day planning.

Anyone have any advice on what I should pack? I have usually been down during the warmer weather months (August, September, May, June) so I am clueless as to how I should dress. I am assuming that swimming is out.

Jay

WDWFanatic
11-24-2008, 08:27 AM
Wow! That is so cool. Congrats!

It can get very cold at night, but being from NE we are a hardy bunch ;). I would bring gloves and a medium weight jacket. You'll need them when you get back off the plane in Boston for sure.

Strmchsr does a great weather post in the vacation planning section and you can also go back and see what last years weather was also.

I can't believe your family is not trying to stow away in your luggage!

Have a great time.

Tinkerfreak
11-24-2008, 09:33 AM
Don't rule out swimming. The pools are heated and it can get warm during the day. We swam every day on our Dec. trip in 2006. We were in shorts and tanks during the day. You never know what the weather will be.

jakeybake
11-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Wow! That is so cool. Congrats!

It can get very cold at night, but being from NE we are a hardy bunch ;). I would bring gloves and a medium weight jacket. You'll need them when you get back off the plane in Boston for sure.

Strmchsr does a great weather post in the vacation planning section and you can also go back and see what last years weather was also.

I can't believe your family is not trying to stow away in your luggage!

Have a great time.

Thanks!

And believe me they would love to stow away in the suitcase if they could! Going to be weird to be there without them, just like it was in March but we are going as a family in April so that should help!!

I just love that I can run around at my own pace. From the gate to the monorail, through the airport to Magical Express, from the wait time boards to the rides I want to go on. My pace is always 200 mph and I usually have to put the brakes on to 35 mph for the rest of the family.

It's the little things in life.........

Jay

mudpuppysmom
11-24-2008, 02:12 PM
Regarding packing: I'd pack a little bit of everything.

Even tho you are from the NE, it can still get "chilly" down there, but still it is not normally the cold, snow, blustery stuff of the NE winters!!

We were there in January of this year and DH and DS swam every night!! I was pregnant, so I swam one morning -- I didn't want to shock the little guy in my belly too much!:D

I think dressing in layers is the key, but if you are going from conference to the park == wear what you have on that day and then take a light jacket and maybe a pair of lightweight gloves (just something to cover your hands basically) and maybe a hat (if you are a hat person -- we're not hat people, just DH is).

I think you will be warm with excitement each day anyway!!

YAY for you going to WDW on your own and at your own pace!!! No one to leave in the proverbial dust!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
11-29-2008, 12:10 AM
Wow! Do you have any openings for a payroll/HR person at your company? The best I get to do is go to Waltham to ADP for seminars!
When we were there in Dec, we had a couple of days where it was pretty cool at night and rained all one day. I just wore a sweater at night but saw people in hats, coats, gloves and scarves!
Enjoy your time and fit in the Grand Flo to check out the decorations.

disneyworld55925592
11-29-2008, 09:55 PM
aweomse we are going down to see christmas decorations for the first time ever! You better get planning two full days! sounds like a lot of fun