PDA

View Full Version : Princess Dinner at Norway

Belle_0717
11-21-2008, 12:19 PM
Getting ready for our May 09 trip and were hoping our fellow posters could help us out. We would like to get some reviews of the Princess Dinner at Norway's Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. The entrees seems interesting and I am confused as to whether it is buffet or not. Any assistance is welcome!!!

mrmcgiv
11-21-2008, 01:27 PM
We ordered off of a menu but they also had a buffet/salad bar type thing that you help yourself to before your food comes. I was a lot fo ethnic type food...different items. I liked it but if you are picky you may not. Kids got pizza and maybe chix strips. i ordered salmon which may have been Ok if it was not cold and DH got some dinner that was OK. food was so-so but the character interaction made it all worthwhile!!!!! I WOULD go back again this year but I got a CP dinner pkg at Coral reef.

sassy2000
11-21-2008, 04:20 PM
We ate there in April and I have to admit it has been our least favorite meal in disney. You order entrees off menu but they have a cold bar with fruit, veggies, pasta salads, seafood salads, etc. The cold bar was better then the entrees. Characters are great but food was :ack:

mom2morgan
11-21-2008, 07:16 PM
We LOVED this one. We did lunch - it was order off the menu and then a cold smorg with cheeses, breads and other more "Norwegian" foods. My husband is Danish and so he loved that smorg and had lamb that he said was very good. The Kids and I had some sort of chicken and pasta dishes that were delicious. Atmosphere is very castle-like, the service was fabulous, and even my 16 year old son enjoyed himself (he was prepared to be appalled by the princesses!)