PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone have a Brick in Walk Around the World?

jnfr2424
11-21-2008, 06:05 AM
Everytime we go to WDW we try to find our family brick its located right near the bus depot in MK
Does anyone else have one and if you do, do you try to find it when you are in the World?

mouseketeer mom
11-21-2008, 06:37 AM
We don't have a brick, but I always read them while at WDW...was this something done awhile ago, or can you still get one?

DizneyRox
11-21-2008, 07:04 AM
We don't have a brick, but I always read them while at WDW...was this something done awhile ago, or can you still get one?
You could just a little while ago, not sure if they still do. It was up to about $300 a couple years back now.

CAS
11-21-2008, 07:54 AM
My brick lists myself and my twin brother when we were there as kids (now 30).

Unfortunately the bricks were all sold out as of July 2000. I have read that you can refurbish your brick for $100 or so, but don't let that get out. :secret: ;)

jnfr2424
11-21-2008, 11:36 AM

My family got ours in 1995. At that time we were Magic Kingdom Club members and the offer came in the mail. The certificate is hung up with the family photos in the Family Room

henry.james.s
11-21-2008, 07:15 PM
Not a brick but a pic of myself & my dad @ Epcot in front of Spaceship Earth. :mickey:

GrandFlo
11-21-2008, 07:51 PM
DH and I got one that has wedding bells and our wedding date. You were not allowed to pick what location the brick would be in, but we got lucky. Ours is by the boat from MK to GF. That is so perfect for us, our two favorite places....the MK and GF.

We visit our brick every trip and take a picture. The picture usually involves me and DS laughing at DH cleaning any leaves, debris or god forbid gum off our brick. :blush:

pdrlkr
11-21-2008, 10:39 PM
Yes. Next to the ticket and transportation center.

Diz-Knee
11-22-2008, 09:54 AM
My husband and I don't (doh!) but we purchased one for my MIL and FIL in 1996 or 1997...it is between the Poly and the GF. It was $99 back then.

hoop de do
11-22-2008, 10:09 AM
We have two. One is at the entrance to Magic Kingdom (by the ticket/finger scanners) on the right side when entering. We purchased it when they were first offered. The other is at the entrance to the Ticket and Transportation Center. We always take a picture of ours when we go down. We recently had ours refurbished at MK because it was worn very badly. We always remark about - wondering how many people have walked on our brick. We consider it our little part of the WORLD.

Cheloconnell
11-22-2008, 10:51 AM
My husband and I purchased one on our honeymoon almost 10 years ago on March 20, 1999. Everytime we go we have to visit it. Ours is by one of the planters at the Ticket and Transportation Center so luckily there is not much traffic on it and still looks like the day we got it. It is pretty neat to be able to go to it and have our kids sit around it to take a picture. We always have them pointing to it. We had the kids pictures taken at Leave a Legacy and I am very sad you can no longer purchase that either. I would have loved an updated one with my kids as they got older. I hope they come out with something similar to these two things again :mickey:

whistlewhileyouwork
11-23-2008, 11:29 AM
Not a brick but a "leave a legacy" photo in front of spaceship earth. We got it Christmas of 2005. Everytime in Epcot...my kids race to see who can find it first!! FUN!!!:mickey:

Little Round Bale
11-25-2008, 08:59 AM
We have a brick paid $99.00 also. At the time my family thought I was crazy but now we love it. DD and I also have a tile at leave a legancy.