PDA

View Full Version : Fort Wilderness Cabins

Diz-Knee
11-20-2008, 03:07 PM
We are going to be staying in a cabin at Ft Wilderness next month and I would like to hear others experiences staying here. Also, is there a particular cabin or location we should request?

TIA!!!
:mickey:

rain
11-20-2008, 03:25 PM
My group stayed there a few years ago. There were 5 of us. It was great for us. It feels homey compared to some of the other resorts I have stayed at. We also tried to cut costs a little by eating bfast in the room so the kitchen is a bonus. Now my family does not tyically spend a lot of time around the resort but we did go to the marshmallow roast and did drive around a little. We are planning another trip this coming summer. There will be six of us since my baby boy gets to go this time. We will be staying there again. With a bigger family it is the only way to go in my opinion. A lot of people in the past have requested the 2500 loop but I do not know of any recent rennovations that could change that.

BTW: It might not be the poly or contemporary like you may be used to but it works well for my cost conscious family

slegrant
11-20-2008, 04:48 PM
The cabins are fantastic, and my family and I have been staying there for years. They are very comfortable and private. One thing you might want to consider is renting a golf cart for your stay, it makes getting around Fort Wilderness a snap since it is so big. Make sure you try Trails end for breakfast, walk the bike trail over to the Wilderness lodge and see Chip n' dales campfire sing along. Great family fun.

Have a great trip we will be there over New Year's!!!:mickey:

Auroring Good Time
11-20-2008, 08:09 PM
We've stayed there about 5 times with as little as 4 people and as many as 7 (1 was an infant). We have always enjoyed it. Having your own kitchen saves money. There is a charcoal grill on the deck outside. It's very peaceful. I usually request the 2500 loop. It is close to the bus stop, the pool and the laundry facility. It is also a small loop so you don't have to walk too far if you get a cabin at the end. Enjoy it, we do.

Mater
11-20-2008, 08:11 PM
Let me say that our family of 6 loves the cabins! It is one of the few places at WDW that is absolutely relaxing and stress free. When we return to the cabin at night, I don't have to worry about the kids disturbing the neighbors because you don't share walls with other guests, and having a full kitchen is very convenient.

We really like the 2500 loop because it is a smaller loop and right next the the smaller pool and very close to the laundry. I would suggest a golf cart -- it will make the stay rather more fun and a lot more convenient.

CU Tiger
11-21-2008, 09:09 AM
We have stayed at the cabins each of the past 5 years and LOVE IT:thumbsup:. We think it is the best kept secret at DW:secret:. Six of us stay there with plenty of room to move around. I like being able to put the kids to bed a little earlier in the back bed room and we are still able to stay up a little later without disturbing them. Where else in DW can you sit on the deck have a cool beverage:beer::marg:, while your kids are playing or riding bikes around outside. At the big resorts, unless you are at the pool, you are stuck in your room if you want to chill-out for bit:vacation:. We also save some cash, because we eat breakfast in the cabin and make a couple of dinners. I like not having to buy every meal out. Usually we do not like to cook while you are on vacation, so we make it easy by getting a big, frozen lasagna or cook steaks on the grill. There is a lot to do in FW and it is also sooo relaxing:cloud9:. Have a great time! :mickey:

Diz-Knee
11-22-2008, 09:50 AM
BTW: It might not be the poly or contemporary like you may be used to but it works well for my cost conscious family

I appreciate cost consciousness! Don't let the resorts on my list fool you. ;) I am also a very laid back person and am very excited about going back to Fort Wilderness. I haven't been there since 1995 when we camped, however we do have a tradition of eating at Trails End on our last morning before we head home. Ft Wilderness is very nostalgic to my hubby's family and I hope we make the same memories with our son.

Thank you all for your tips - I will request the 2500 loop. Another question regarding the golf carts - can you drive them to the bus stop and park them for the day or are they just for tooting around the campgrounds?

TIA!

A Big Kid
11-22-2008, 01:39 PM
We are going to be staying in a cabin at Ft Wilderness next month and I would like to hear others experiences staying here. Also, is there a particular cabin or location we should request?

TIA!!!
:mickey:

If you stay in the 2200 or 2100 loop towards the top of the loop, you will be pretty close to a "comfort station" from the camping loop. Kinda gives you a second shower/bathroom spot.