PDA

View Full Version : How is eve EMH's working?

RockinRollerMom
11-20-2008, 10:58 AM
We will be arriving in WDW in 12 days. WooHoo!!! :woohoo:

We are a big fan of eve EMH's. Has any-one who has been there recently attended eve EMH's? Did it seem more crowded with people trying to skirt the system? Did the lines seem to take longer becuase of CM's checking resort cards?

Any info is greatly appreciated! I big piece of our touring plan revolves around eve EMH's.

Georgesgirl1
11-20-2008, 11:38 AM
We were there in early October and didn't notice a difference in lines or crowds. The CM's just glanced at the resort cards, they didn;t study them or anything.
Actually the first EHM night, my mom couldn't find her card, but since she was obviously with 5 other people who all had cards and were related to her, they let her on the rides with no problems!

anneo
11-21-2008, 04:35 PM
We had no problems and were basically able to walk on every ride. Just make sure you have your card handy. The only long line was for the bus to get back to the resort.

Tinkerfreak
11-24-2008, 09:04 AM
We were asked to show our cards and they were quickly glanced at. We were approaching Nordstrom in Norway and there were a group of guys walking up behind us. The minute the girl asked for our cards they all quickly walked away. I'm sure there are some non disney resort guests staying in after hours and trying to see if they will be able to ride.
This irritates me because even if they dont ride they are still adding to the overall crowd levels and they should not be allowed to stay.

mudpuppysmom
11-24-2008, 02:27 PM
I'm a bit apprehensive about the new way, but will have to test it out in 15 days when we arrive.....

Personally I liked the wristband thing -- it was easier to spot people who did not "belong" in the park.

Tinkerbella16
11-24-2008, 03:17 PM
We were just there 2 weeks ago and we love doing evening EMH. It worked out fine though for us....better than I thought it would. I wore a tinkerbell lanyard with a fastpass/roomkey-parkpass holder on it. I kept both mine and my moms in it so all I had to do was have the clear side with the passes facing the cms. All they did was glance at it...they didn't even look at it like they should. But every year the Key to the World cards change, so I'm sure they would notice if it were from a previous year.

bkfree
11-24-2008, 11:36 PM
We were just there 2 weeks ago and we love doing evening EMH. It worked out fine though for us....better than I thought it would. I wore a tinkerbell lanyard with a fastpass/roomkey-parkpass holder on it. I kept both mine and my moms in it so all I had to do was have the clear side with the passes facing the cms. All they did was glance at it...they didn't even look at it like they should. But every year the Key to the World cards change, so I'm sure they would notice if it were from a previous year.

Where did you get the lanyard with the holder on it?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-24-2008, 11:50 PM

A previous year, maybe....a previous stay this year....probably not.

I've got about....15 different resort cards from this past year, and last year wasn't any different....so I can tell you I could probably easily use an old room key to take advantage of EMH if I wanted.