PDA

View Full Version : Unused ticket

eeyoremom
11-20-2008, 08:38 AM
If we get a package with a no expiration ticket, can we give that ticket away, if we never use it? We really do not need tickets for this trip, but may use it in the future. In case we do not use it, is it attached to our name, even tho we did not use it? Will it be on the room key, with our name on it, or can we have it removed from the key and put in other media, without our name? I know one of you will have my answers. Thanks

wdwfansince75
11-20-2008, 09:09 AM
Most of the multi-day tickets expire "14 days from first use"....by definition, a one day ticket is used on day one of "from first use"....so a single day ticket does not usually expire....However, since the tickets issued as part of a package are usually encoded on the room key, and the room key expires at midnight on your last day, this appears to be a Catch 22....if the ticket is on the key, the ticket would expire when the key expires, just as any unused meal or shack credits expire at midnight of checkout day. Wonder if they will do the same with Birthday one day passes.

Goofy4TheWorld
11-20-2008, 09:39 AM
Any MYW ticket, regardless of where it was purchased or on what media it is encoded, will stay valid forever, as long as it is not used one single time for park entry. You do not have to purchase the no-expiration option to get this benefit, all tickets are valid forever until you start the 14-day countdown by swiping it for the first time at any gate.

The tickets are usually encoded on your room key card, but the ticket will remain active on that room key card, even though dinning credits and room access will expire at the end of your trip, as long as the ticket portion was never used.

CleveRocks recently made a post that says that if you get a really smart cast member at check-in, they can remove the ticket portion from your room key and put it on separate media. They can even take the tickets that you apparently have already purchased ahead of time and encode them onto your room key as well. Below is a link to a similar question with CleveRocks reply.

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=145448

As far a giving the ticket away, while the fine print may or may not say no, it reality, if you give them away to a friend or family, I see no reason that would not be acceptable. I see that along the same line as some grandparents going to the Disney Store and buying tickets for Mom, Dad and grandson, then handing them over to Mom, Dad and grandson for their next trip. They key component to giving tickets away to someone else is that they cannot have ever been used, not even once, for park entry.

eeyoremom
11-20-2008, 06:25 PM
I realize we cannot use the ticket at all. However, will any media at the front desk have our name on it? I know if left on the room key, the tickets would have names on. Does this make a difference if we want to give them away? Thanks

CleveRocks
11-20-2008, 06:53 PM
You can get the ticket stripped off the KTTW card and have it placed on a "blank" KTTW card ... but like with everything else, you need a cast member who knows this is possible.

Goofy4theWorld gave a very good explanation of everything else.:mickey:

CleveRocks
11-20-2008, 07:37 PM
Most of the multi-day tickets expire "14 days from first use"....by definition, a one day ticket is used on day one of "from first use"....so a single day ticket does not usually expire....However, since the tickets issued as part of a package are usually encoded on the room key, and the room key expires at midnight on your last day, this appears to be a Catch 22....if the ticket is on the key, the ticket would expire when the key expires, just as any unused meal or shack credits expire at midnight of checkout day.
I just want to make sure that everyone realizes this is NOT the way it works.

Even though the KTTW card no longer opens the room door, and no longer holds valid Disney Dining Plan credits after check-out day, any unused admissions REMAIN VALID, subject to the normal ticketing policies.

E-Ticket4
11-20-2008, 08:31 PM
This is all really good to know. If you have the MYW tickets and don't use them on that package trip, can you use that ticket and apply it towards an annual pass at a future date? or use it to help pay for a AP renewal?
Thanks!
MB

CleveRocks
11-21-2008, 04:33 PM
Yes.

A totally unused ticket can be upgraded later on to an AP. However, once a ticket is used for admission to a park or water park or Disney Quest, the "clock starts ticking,: and even if you purchased the No Expiration option, that ticket can't be upgraded after 14 days from its first use.

In other words, you can't use part of a ticket now and then try to apply it towards the purchase or renewal of an AP 6 months from now.