PDA

View Full Version : 2BR Villa at Boardwalk

Mickey'sGirl
11-19-2008, 12:37 PM
Hi,

We've recently changed our first ever DVC stay to a 2BR Villa for next August. (My mother recently passed away, and my father will be joining us.)

We have a confirmed Boardwalk view.... is there anything else anyone can recommend that we request on our reservation such as proximity to elevators or such and such a room....

We really want to make this a special holiday and your tips are appreciated.

mouse-logic
11-19-2008, 02:02 PM
With a Boardwalk view villa, you will already be in reasonable proximity to the elevators.

Other cconsiderations include:
(1) Whether you are OK with Trash & Towel Service on the 4th day of your stay, or do you want daily maid service.
(2) Grocery delivery. Via DVC (expensive). Via Gardengrocer(less expensive). Via Goodings (best quality -IMO).
(3) Upper floor rooms may have a slightly better view of Illuminations--but none are great.

Have a great time.

ElenitaB
11-24-2008, 10:38 PM
We had a spectacular view once with a Boardwalk view, BUT it was quite a hike from the elevators (but very worth it). The room (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2563804220091682051IBDhKn) was a few floors above Big River Grill. We could easily see Spaceship Earth, the Soarin' construction site and both Wishes and Illuminations fireworks.

Our villa was a one bedroom and there was a studio next store, so it could be a lock-off 2 bedroom. (There was a connecting door between the two units.) I'm not sure if there are dedicated two bedrooms @ BWV, but that's something else you might want to think about.

There's a lot available in the store in terms of groceries. The only "must bring's" for me are coffee filters (the basket type) and good coffee.

PlutoPlanet
11-25-2008, 12:07 PM
We loved our 2BR with BW view. It may help to learn where the stairway exits lead to. The quickest way from our room to the BW was to take a stairway that emptied near Wyland Gallaries.