PDA

View Full Version : Possible new puppy, need help naming!!!

buzznwoodysmom
11-19-2008, 10:23 AM
We surprised our boys with a miniture black and tan dachshund last year for Christmas. We wanted a Disney name, but nothing too obvious and ended up naming him Dash. Now we are thinking about getting Dash a little friend. We are going look at another miniture dachshund today. This puppy is a female and her color is chocolate. We have been trying to think of a name. The only name we all like is Bella. While its not really a disney name it is a tie in for several characters; Belle, Tinkerbelle, Cinderella, Ella Enchanted. Before we decide on Bella I wanted to hear some suggestions from the best group of Disney fans I know!! :dog:

SBETigg
11-19-2008, 10:46 AM
Bella is cute. There's also Daisy, as in Daisy Duck, which is sweet and goes well with Dash. I also like Penny, which I believe is one of the dalmations and also the name of the endangered girl in The Rescuers. Best wishes on adding a new member to the family!

Itchy
11-19-2008, 12:38 PM
I dont know if this will help. I did a google search and found that Disney made a move in 1966 called the The Ugly Dachshund. The name of the female Dachshund I believe in the move was Danke.

Just a thought

Happy Naming :mickey:

SurferStitch
11-19-2008, 01:06 PM
I love Daisy! That's so cute!

But I will throw one in there...

If your little boy is Dash, why not name this one Violet?

buzznwoodysmom
11-19-2008, 01:57 PM
I love Daisy! That's so cute!

But I will throw one in there...

If your little boy is Dash, why not name this one Violet?

I thought of Violet as well. I like Daisy, but my boys said they didn't like it. I think Dash and Daisy sound so cute together, but I am the only one in our house that thinks so.

Thanks for the suggestions. We are going look at her and put a deposit today, but if we decide to buy her we won't be picking her up until the week after Thanksgiving (we are going on vacation) so we have plenty of time to pick a name. Keep the suggestions coming!!!

coloradowendyl
11-20-2008, 03:48 PM
I am the mother of 2 doxies...they own me and I work to serve them lol. Prior to these two little "monsters" I was surprised one Christmas with a little black one (pre Toy Story, mind you) who we named Slinky! Slinky soon gained a sister named Frisbee! A third one would have been named Pogo...keeping in the toy theme!

The current two prince and princess dogs of the house are a black mini named Chewbarker (Chewy for short) and a dark red one named Pippin. Chewy is a lunatic (think little boy sticking beans up his nose type) and Pippin is the polite little girl with white gloves and crossed ankles! He gets into trouble and she sits and watches!

As someone told me recently, dachshunds are like potato chips, you can't have just One! Having two, they play with each other and keep each other great company (spoken as they are both spooned around each other at my feet)

Good luck with your new puppy!
Wendy

brad192
11-20-2008, 04:04 PM
I'm more of a cat person than a dog person, and I prefer big ol' dogs over little ones, but if I were to get a small dog, a wiener dog would be at the top of my list. :thumbsup: I had a friend back in my teenage days who had a dachsund named Bananas......and it was....:D

As for a name, it's not Disney, but what about Dottie? Get it? Dot & Dash? ;)

buzznwoodysmom
11-20-2008, 05:14 PM
Well everyone last night my son and I went to take a look at the little puppy and we just couldn't resist. We paid for her and took her home on the spot. When DH and our other son got back home from soccer practice we had a surprise waiting for them!!! We decided as a family to go ahead and name her Bella. My oldest son had also thought of Izzy, so he says her name is IzzyBella!! Thanks so much for the suggestions. And I too think that dachshund's are indeed like potato chips. Everyone we know with Dachshunds have two of them. She is the cutest little thing, very tiny. My son has webkinz clothes and we tried putting a sweater on her and it was too big. She is about the size of a littlekinz!! Cute, cute, cute!!

SBETigg
11-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Aw, so cute! Congratulations on adding Bella to the family.

DisneyDog
11-21-2008, 10:53 AM
Congratulations! Having two dogs does make things more exciting! May they become the best of friends :D

coloradowendyl
11-21-2008, 01:45 PM
Ummm...do we get to see any baby pictures?

Inquiring minds want to know lol!

Wendy