PDA

View Full Version : Spring Break crowds?

hope23
11-18-2008, 05:53 PM
When are Spring Breaks typically in March? DH has a conference in Orlando March 9-12 and I didn't know if going before the 9th or after the 12th would be better? We don't want it to be too crowded... so should we just avoid this time completely? When is your Spring Break?

chrisb26
11-18-2008, 07:12 PM
Well Spring Break time is defiantly crowded but it is manageable. I would recommend going before the 9th though the closer it gets to Easter the more people are on Spring Break.

Mousefever
11-18-2008, 07:32 PM
Try this link: springbreak (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=145426)

Nurse Kim
11-18-2008, 07:37 PM
We went this past March 11-17. The crowds weren't bad at all. It was our first trip and we were pleasantly surprised.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
11-19-2008, 11:25 AM
It probably depends on the age of your kids? We typically go during spring break and definitely the closer to Easter the worse it is! The major thrill rides are packed with teens and surprisingly college age but the rest of the park usually is very manageable. If you go at opening and do the thrill rides before everyone gets there and use the FP wisely you will be fine. The weather is typically perfect with low humidity and beautiful sunshine.

WDWFRK
11-19-2008, 06:50 PM
I would tack on days before the 9th. The further you get into March, the more spring breakers you'll run into.:mickey:

Tink#64
11-19-2008, 10:55 PM
We went during our Spring Break this year, ours was late - it was the 2nd week of April, but we were surprised that it wasn't more crazy! It was crowded, but very manageable with FP's! I'm thinking alot of Spring Breaks were earlier! I know it was also SB for alot of schools in Michigan that week because of alot of people that we talked to. We arrived at the parks at opening each day & focused on the major attractions in the early AM before the crowds got too bad, took our afternoon breaks & returned for our shopping & more leisurely touring in the evenings! It was a great trip & I wouldn't hesitate to go during that time again! :thumbsup: Our Spring Break this year is the last week of March.