PDA

View Full Version : What should we expect from a good guide?

PoohsGang
11-18-2008, 05:50 PM
Well, made the call today requested a new guide, I'm suppose to hear from a new guide or quality assurance people. We will see. So far nothing........

My wife and I had finally had enough of having our calls go ignored, we will see what a new guide brings.

Any thoughts on what we should expect from a good guide?

I have read in the past that some guides even track when there members are there and give a welcome home call.

We would be happy just to get a return call (if we do get one its 3 to 4 days, the excuse is always "oh I had a couple of days off") last week it took 4 days to add on at BLT and a manager actually had to find him and make him call us.
After spending almost 26000.00 I expect at least a little service.

Way to difficult to contact him, are we asking for too much?

Ed
11-18-2008, 07:53 PM
I don't think you're being unreasonable at all.

Like you said, you've shelled out quite a chunk of change, and your guide should certainly never forget that. If nothing else, from a purely selfish point of view, he should be keeping in mind that you might be inclined to spend a few more bucks in the future.

Our own guide only works part-time, and we know that, so we only try to contact her on the days she's working. On the rare occasion when we haven't been able to reach her immediately, she has always called us back within an hour or two. And we often get "Welcome Home" calls from her when we're staying in one of the resorts, even at Vero Beach.

lockedoutlogic
11-18-2008, 10:56 PM
granted....it's nice to have somebody to pay you a little attention....

but i don't get why somebody would need somebody new....unless you plan on purchasing more.....

because once the sale is done...the sale is done.

just like any other purchase....sure you get a call from your car dealership or a nice christmas card from your realtor.

But again....unless more purchases are coming....what's the point?

enlighten me please....

PoohsGang
11-19-2008, 06:22 AM
If your fine with terrible service thats your choice and your entitled to it. I would like good service, something I strive to do for all the customers from my business, it's all about word of mouth. I may or may noy buy more but may recomend that someone else does, but not from my old guide.

Ian
11-19-2008, 07:11 AM
I have read in the past that some guides even track when there members are there and give a welcome home call.Ours does this and we appreciate it.

It's hard to tell you, though, what you should look for because you're already DVC members. I mean for a new prospect looking to buy, I'd say things like being upfront about how hard it is to book at the 7 month window, telling you to buy where you want to stay, talking about how your points have the most value when staying DVC, etc.

But for you, I think you already know your answer ... you want someone who will call you back in a timely manner and deal with you professionally at all times. Those seem to be your key points and I think you're right to expect that.

lockedoutlogic
11-19-2008, 10:10 AM
If your fine with terrible service thats your choice and your entitled to it. I would like good service, something I strive to do for all the customers from my business, it's all about word of mouth. I may or may noy buy more but may recomend that someone else does, but not from my old guide.

I'm not fine with terrible service.....

But unless you add on frequently....which few if any DVC members do.....

the sale is DONE. What happens once you purchase is up to you....it really isn't the kind of thing that requires somebody in a nametag to cater to you. It's yours, it doesn't matter who sold it to you.

It seems a little bit egotistical....kinda smoke and mirrors

We appreciate any attention from our sales rep. But we certainly don't need it.

Just like we don't really need our old Wedding Planner to contact us when we check in to Old Key West. But she did once.

it's nice....but not nearly necessary at all.

PoohsGang
11-19-2008, 01:04 PM
I'm not fine with terrible service.....

But unless you add on frequently....which few if any DVC members do.....

the sale is DONE. What happens once you purchase is up to you....it really isn't the kind of thing that requires somebody in a nametag to cater to you. It's yours, it doesn't matter who sold it to you.

It seems a little bit egotistical....kinda smoke and mirrors

We appreciate any attention from our sales rep. But we certainly don't need it.

Just like we don't really need our old Wedding Planner to contact us when we check in to Old Key West. But she did once.

it's nice....but not nearly necessary at all.

No where did I say it was necessary...........

You are entiteld to your opinion, even though I don't agree with it. I care about the service (or lack of)that my wife and I recieved, that is my complaint so wheteher you agree or not is irrelevent, we expect better service, that is our opinion, whether you agree or not, we all know what opinions are like. :secret:

PoohsGang
11-19-2008, 04:25 PM
Update,
Recieved a voicemail this morning shortly after 9:00 am, the new guide we were assigned called, welcomed us, said he had the answers to the questions we were trying to get answered last week. When we put the deposit down on BLT we were not informed of the developers points whatsoever from our old guide, then after reading about it on the boards I called the old guide and left a message inquiring about it. (That was Sunday). I called our new guide back and much to my astonishment he picked the phone up. I asked him, he said he would get back to me. 1 Hour later he called, told me we were all set to look at our account. We did the developers points are there!
I am very happy with the new guide, before I could ask the question, he said when you arrive on the 29th, let me know when you would like to see the model. This question I had asked our previous guide with the developers points question. So far so good, I don't need to be pampered, just got tired of having no response to legitimate questions.
We don't expect someone to be at our beck and call, a resonable timeframe is all we ask for a return call.
I'm glad we did call as we wouldn't have got the developer points if the contract had closed.