PDA

View Full Version : Queue at Soarin'

cer
11-18-2008, 05:47 PM
Someone mentioned this queue in a trip report and it reminded me of something I read.

I have always FP this ride and so I have never stood in line for it in the main queue. It is my understanding that the pictures on the wall are somehow interactive. I have never experienced this before personally, but someone please fill me in.

What do the pics do and how do you interact with them? :confused:

Signed,

Clueless

maestrotim
11-18-2008, 05:58 PM
On a few trips they were interactive and the imagery responded to hand/body movement, but on a recent trip I noticed that the images were just abstract representations of California scenery (from what I could tell) and they just dissolved to another image after awhile. I didn't see any interactive part of it.

CaptSmee
11-18-2008, 06:02 PM
On a few trips they were interactive and the imagery responded to hand/body movement, but on a recent trip I noticed that the images were just abstract representations of California scenery (from what I could tell) and they just dissolved to another image after awhile. I didn't see any interactive part of it.

It's an interactive game that was that takes place throughout the day and wait process. It doesn't run continually.

disneychick62
11-18-2008, 06:23 PM
Its an interactive game you play against the other 2 screens.It uses the movement of eveyone in that particular area.Its alot of fun. It makes the time waiting go a little faster...:waycool:

DizRunner
11-18-2008, 10:51 PM
What I'd like to know is who the artist is. I think those pictures are soooo cool looking.

Any idea?

Thanks!

brad192
11-19-2008, 10:16 AM
Yeah, the pictures are interactive, and if you can get your "group" to work together it can hold your interest for a few minutes but, with standby wait times regularly an hour or more, you'd think the imagineers could have come up with something better. It's still just a long, boring hallway. At least there's a fairly good payoff at the end! :thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
11-19-2008, 09:31 PM
Wow!! Never noticed this!! Soarin' is our favorite ride. Can't wait to check this out in March!

henry.james.s
11-20-2008, 08:15 PM
I thought they were Q & A's on California :confused:

Imagineer1981
11-21-2008, 02:50 PM
Yeah, the pictures are interactive, and if you can get your "group" to work together it can hold your interest for a few minutes but, with standby wait times regularly an hour or more, you'd think the imagineers could have come up with something better. It's still just a long, boring hallway. At least there's a fairly good payoff at the end! :thumbsup:

adds the meaning of the name Borin'

MaxPower
11-24-2008, 02:24 PM
The interactive game is actually activated by the cast member who is at the first podium you encounter while standing in line. This explains why some people have never experienced the game. It only occurs if the cast member presses the start button.