PDA

View Full Version : Dramamine Success Stories

Frog
11-17-2008, 03:00 PM
I love rides, I really do...
but the last few times I have ridden anything rollercoasterish (The Yeti "got me" last trip...), I have either lost it, or not felt very "park like" for the next few hours. So, my plan for our next visit is to take Dramamine before we leave the resort and give it a whirl... (no pun intended...) Can some of my fellow intercoties give me some confidence that this is gonna do the trick??
Am I gonna look like this... :thumbsup:
OR
Am I gonna look like this... :ack:

:D

KH
11-17-2008, 03:30 PM
The rollercoasters don't get to me, but the spinning rides do! If I just think about the Teacups I turn green. :sick: Dramamine does work. Take it well before you ride so you get the full effect. It can make you drowsy, but it's nothing an extra cup of coffee or another diet Coke won't fix. I can even go on the orange side of Mission Space if I take Dramamine.

MushuGrl
11-17-2008, 03:42 PM
I get EXTREME motion sickness, so I always carry the non-drowsy Dramamine with me. On certain extreme rides, I do feel a BIT queasy, but it passes really quickly - most of the time I'm all good before I get off the ride.

I usually take one in the morning before I head out to the parks.

pink
11-17-2008, 03:44 PM
Dramamine works for me on long car rides and things like that but I wouldn't take it before going to the parks because it makes me fall asleep. I would suggest a non-drowsy dramamine. :mickey:

Nut4DW
11-17-2008, 03:45 PM
Mission Space is the only ride that has made me queasy - and last time I tried Dramamine and it worked very well. Buy the non-drowsy kind and make sure you have a little something to eat before you take it and then HAVE FUN!!!

pixiesmimi
11-17-2008, 07:16 PM
I used it every day the last trip because I do get motion sickness and don't generally ride roller coasters. I was able to ride whatever I wanted with no problems. Don't know why I didn't think of this earlier. I heard about it on this site and had never thought about it. Take it at least 1 hour before riding anything and remember to carry some with you to take another one when the dosage needs repeating unless you take the 12 hour stuff. I highly recommend getting the "Non-drowsy" kind. You don't want to sleep through the fun. :)

PirateLover
11-17-2008, 09:52 PM
Non-Drowsy Dramamine should work. Also, sometimes it can get "In your head" that you will be sick. My fiance's mom had this issue. We bought her these sea sick bands that were at the resort shop. It was a bracelet with a pressure point... she said it really did the trick. I have no clue if it was really something physical or if it was all psychological.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-18-2008, 09:03 AM
Another vote for the non-drowsy draminine...I used it on a cruise in February and it worked great

Frog
11-20-2008, 09:14 AM
Thanks so much for all the positive reflections on dramamine!! Sounds like it did the trick for everyone! I was terrified of coasters as a young kid, found out how fun they were in my teens and then something happend as I have aged (for the record, my DW says I still act like a teenager!!) that just throws my system off...
So I am now really excited to give it a shot.
Has anyone used it before the rides and it did not help?? (Just wondering)