PDA

View Full Version : Southwest Luggage Check-In

DisneyBunch5
11-17-2008, 02:12 PM
It's been a few years since we flew out of MCO on Southwest. The last time that we did, it was around Easter and we waited over an 1 /12 hours to check-in luggage at the airport.

Having already booked our Disney trip, we are now considering flying instead of driving. We check out on 12/23. How is the Southwest luggage check-in at MCO? Will it be crazy around the holidays?

JetBlue is also an option. They participate in resort check-in but the flight leaves 5 hours earlier than Southwest (the more time in the parks, the better).

So it the potential luggage hassle worth it? Plus, we'll be travelling with 3 kids (11, 7 & 5), so will getting seats togteher be an issue?

Thanks for your help....

BigRedDad
11-17-2008, 02:49 PM
Luggage check-in was easy for us when we went. We had a luggage handler get our luggage on the cart, he followed us and we waited in line. It took a total of about 15 minutes from getting off the bus to getting through the line. Very simple and easy on SW. I assume the same with other airlines that do not have check-in at the resorts.

As for getting seats together on SW, it is not usually a problem. Your kids are older than the "boarding for families" category. The key will be to request boarding passes 24-hours prior to takeoff. This can be done at any guest services at WDW (resorts and parks). You can also do this via your cell phone if you have web access. I recommend not printing out boarding passes because it is only one more thing to deal with. You can get the boarding passes at MCO when you are checking your luggage.

FenwayGirl
11-17-2008, 02:50 PM
As long as you have your boaring passes (that you can get 24 hours on the day before you fly out) you should be fine.
We did curbside check in last Jan. I was traveling with 2 other adults and 3 kids.

Disney Doll
11-17-2008, 03:15 PM
Given that there is likely to be a lot of air travel around that time I would definitely recommend paying extra (tipping ) for curbside check in. We always fly SW and the inside lines are usually not too bad, but all bets are off the week of Christmas. As long as you check in 24 hrs in advance you should not have a problem getting seats together.

TheRustyScupper
11-17-2008, 04:57 PM
. . . We check out on 12/23. How is the Southwest luggage check-in at MCO? Will it be crazy around the holidays? . . .

1) You said the magic word - "holidays".
2) MCO is crazy at the holidays.
3) I would not expect speedy luggage checking.