PDA

View Full Version : children's activities at resorts

DisneyKings
11-16-2008, 10:46 PM
Is there a location to find all the children's activities at the different resorts? Anyone know of some good activities for toddlers (3 years old)? We just booked a week at POR & I know we'll need some other activities to fill all that time. Thanks!

Strmchsr
11-17-2008, 07:37 AM
You can click here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/children/specactivities.asp) to go to Info Central and see the various special children activities, but there's nothing specifically at POR.

RockinRollerMom
11-17-2008, 09:05 AM
When we were at POFQ last year DD took part in some activities at the food court. They had a decorate your own cookie with frosting, mickey sprinkles etc. They also did a small parade through the food court with costumes, beads, small music instruments etc. I think this all took place after lunch but I am not sure. I would check with CM's at the resort. They should know if anything special is going on.

DisneyKings
11-17-2008, 12:59 PM
I had checked info central, but most of those activities are for older kids or potty trained 3 year olds. We're still working on the potty training, but I'm trying to bribe her with the tea party now! She loved participating in a parade at POP last trip & I had seen where WL has cookie decorating, duck races, & lots of fun activities--maybe worth a trip over 1 day. Any other fun activities ya'll have experienced? (I also have a 1 year old who thinks she's as big as her sister & will have fun with some of these things!) I just want to make the most of this trip!

KatGat
11-21-2008, 01:36 PM
We love POR. We found other 'unofficial' things to do with our little one. He loved to follow the ducks around near the food court, drop rocks into the water by the giant water wheel and go fishing with his dad with a cane pole. We also meandered through the beautiful paths and small bridges over streams, looking for rabbits, squirrels & frogs. It was a way to unwind, he was excited about it, and it was free!

MickyLuver
12-07-2008, 08:05 PM
I too need some activities for my 5, 7, and 9 year old children at the AKL, but is there anything they can do for free. Some of the activities are just so pricey. I though AKL at least had some activities that were free. Can anyone help me? I will check in this friday and the weather is looking really chilly. Thanks

teambricker04
12-10-2008, 12:47 AM
I think most of the resorts do activities, but most aren't really published anywhere (that I can find). At BC in May they had game time every afternoon in the lobby, among other things.

Our two little ones (3 and 1) LOVED all the "wildlife" at POFQ when we were there in June. I guess that is what happens when you have city kids who think frogs and toads only come in aquariums!!!

Something fun to do, and free, is take them over to FW for the evening campfire/singalong/movie. During the singalong portion Chip'n'Dale come out and then do a meet and greet. My kids don't generally make it to the movie, but it is soooo much fun. They also do a movie at BC on the beach.