PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon Cafe

HoosierDisneyFan
11-16-2008, 07:00 PM
I have reservations for the first week of December at the Whispering Canyon Cafe. I have read much about the interaction between the staff & customers but one type I do not understand if the Canyon Skillet. If this a general type buffet at resturant or some sort of casserole dish?? This seems to be what most people talk about, it it the best choice?

ElenitaB
11-16-2008, 07:29 PM
The skillet is served family-style, depending on the number of people who have ordered it at your table. You can ask for more of anything on the plate that you wish. What's included over the years changes, but there's a picture of the skillet (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/foodphotos/deluxeresorts/wlpage2.asp#photo1) on InfoCentral. Some times that we've gone, we've ordered the skillet, other times we've ordered from other choices on the menu. All depends on our mood.

Briansmom
11-17-2008, 12:27 AM
We went to Whispering Canyon for the first time our last trip and it was one of our favorite restaurants on our trip. There are four in our family and we all got the skillet......YUMMY! It was a HUGE pan (skillet) that had chicken, pulled pork(absolutely awesome), ribs, potatoes, corn on the cob, and much more. It also comes with salad. Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with the skillet.
Hope you have fun!

Tbelle1976
11-17-2008, 06:57 AM
We will be at Whispering Canyon for the first time in Feb. I can't wait. I love the fact that DH can order something AYCE like the skillet (which I'm sure he will, it's his perfect type of meal) and I can order something lighter if I want to.

disneychick62
11-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Ate there last week.....it was great..and we plan on goin there again next year..:thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
11-17-2008, 12:22 PM
ALWAYS, upon checking in with the receptionist, make sure they give you a CM who wants to really "play it up" our experience there was just ok, 'cause at the time we didn't know to ask for a "playful" CM...anyway...

.....the skillet we got was horrible, horrible, horrible.....my DW got the salmon which was very good.....overall our experience was ok...:mickey:

KatMark
11-17-2008, 12:24 PM
There were no antics while we were there. And, personally, I would order off the menu. We had the skillet and DH got sick on the ribs/chicken in September. Food is way overrated.

CU Tiger
11-17-2008, 12:47 PM
We make eating at the Whispering Canyon an annual event. Our kids love the CMs messing with their dad. :mickey:

Tinkerbella16
11-17-2008, 12:47 PM
We just had dinner there on monday night 11/10 and loved it!! We were going to order the skillet but they raised the price to $26.95/pp!!!!!! So we ordered off of the menu instead and glad we did. I had the ribs with mashed potatos and baked beans with cornbread...yummmm!!!!
I will definately be coming back there again during our next trip!