PDA

View Full Version : When do Christmas decorations come down?

mac badger
11-16-2008, 06:11 PM
when do the christmas decorations and osborne lights come down? my sil reallt wants to make it down to see the lights, but probably can't make it until january due to her chemo schedule. any one have any info? thanks

J9
11-16-2008, 06:41 PM
I believe they start coming down around the epiphany (usually somewhere around January 6-ish). It takes awhile, so you'll likely see a good amount of stuff still up after that.

But - the Candlelight Processional and the Gingerbread House are usually shut down by then!

Simba's Mom
11-17-2008, 11:44 AM
when do the christmas decorations and osborne lights come down? my sil reallt wants to make it down to see the lights, but probably can't make it until january due to her chemo schedule. any one have any info? thanks
Best wishes to your SIL on her chemo.
I've been to WDW about 5 times, right after January 1 (former school teacher). My experince is that Christmas decorations come down when the CMs get "round tuit". One year, when I checked out 1/8, the Christmas trees were all still up. One year, I immediately went to Epcot when I checked in 1/2 to see the decoratinons. When I went back on 1/4, all gone! The wierdest thing for me was in 2005, when I was at BWV. That year, the decorations were still up there and Epcot on 1/4 and the Christmas music was playing. Yet, when I got up the next morning-no decorations, regular music. And in Epcot, not only were all the decorations gone, but everything had been replanted or put back in its "normal" place, so it looked like Christmas decorations were all a figment of my imaginations. Disney never leaves anything half done-no empty spaces. If there's anything particular she hopes to see, get there fast! One year I was there on the last date of the Osborne Lights and the next day. Not only were they fully lit the last night, they were still up the next night. No guarantees, though.

Kerr0173
11-17-2008, 10:46 PM
According to the WDW official site calendar, the Osborne lights will be on until Sunday, Jan.4, as will the Jingle Jungle Parade at Animal Kingdom. And, the final Christmas parade for the Magic Kingdon is Sat., Jan3. We will be there Jan 2thru 7, so I have been studying the calendar to come up with a plan!

I pray your family gets to take a magical adventure this winter, and God Bless!

Kerrie:mickey:

mac badger
11-19-2008, 10:01 PM
thanks so much for the info and the good wishes:mickey: