PDA

View Full Version : AK evening EMH

Harkleroad
11-16-2008, 05:19 PM
We have been to the AK several times but have always gone in the daytime. This is a short trip so we were thinking of trying to catch an evening. What can we expect to see/do in the evening, especially since it will be around Thanksgiving and dark by 5? Thanks!

joanna71985
11-16-2008, 06:16 PM
We have been to the AK several times but have always gone in the daytime. This is a short trip so we were thinking of trying to catch an evening. What can we expect to see/do in the evening, especially since it will be around Thanksgiving and dark by 5? Thanks!

Just a warning- anything having to do with the animals will be closed (including the Safari and the animal trails).

RockinRollerMom
11-16-2008, 06:20 PM
AK is my families favorite park for eve EMH's. It is a beautiful park at night. We were there the first week of December last year and the lines were so short. For the first hour there will still be some crowds but after that the crowds really seem to thin out! I would suggest doing the shows in the first hour. By the second hour we were able to walk on EE with no wait at all. We literally walked up and there was no line. We rode it over and over again. EE is a sight to see at night. It is so pretty all light up. We also walked right into It's tough to be a bug. You can get a list of attractions that are open on info central. Have fun!!!

joelkfla
11-16-2008, 10:40 PM
There's usually a performance of FoTLK scheduled during the first hour of EMH.

Primeval Whirl should be back from refurb by then, and it will probably be open for EMH, along with Everest, ITTBAB, and the other rides excluding the Safari.

Take time to walk around and enjoy the ambience of the park after dark. The Imagineers outdid themselves in designing the lighting, from the Tiffany-inspired mushroom lights in Discovery Island, to the bare-bulb approach in Africa and Asia. And look for the unique and whimsical "bug lights" around the BBQ joint.

JPL
11-16-2008, 10:42 PM
I love evening EMH at AK.
Everest at night is by far the best attraction in all of WDW. Even Dinorama has an entirely different look and feel to it :thumbsup:

I rode Everest like 10 times in a row in June that's how cool it was at night

Meerkat
11-16-2008, 10:56 PM
If the evening temperature is not too cool, you should consider riding Kali River Rapids. It's an awesome ride in the dark, and the view of Expedition Everest is spectacular.

Be warned, though. You might get very wet!

Imagineer1981
11-17-2008, 10:52 AM
There's usually a performance of FoTLK scheduled during the first hour of EMH.

Primeval Whirl should be back from refurb by then, and it will probably be open for EMH, along with Everest, ITTBAB, and the other rides excluding the Safari.

Take time to walk around and enjoy the ambience of the park after dark. The Imagineers outdid themselves in designing the lighting, from the Tiffany-inspired mushroom lights in Discovery Island, to the bare-bulb approach in Africa and Asia. And look for the unique and whimsical "bug lights" around the BBQ joint.

The lighting is amazing, and it really is a shame that most guests never get to experience AK at night

Simba's Mom
11-17-2008, 11:36 AM
As others have said, the lighting is beautiful. If you don't mind Triceratop Spin, it's so lovely to ride it, get up high, then just sit and admire the views of T0L and EE. I've done this several times.

IloveDisney71
11-17-2008, 06:29 PM
I love the AK at night. EE has a totally different feel to it at night. The lighting changes the feel of the entire park and a lot of people seem to leave pretty early which makes the ride lines very short. I've found that true in Feb. and June.