PDA

View Full Version : Window of Opportunity Mailing

MinnieMommie
11-16-2008, 03:55 PM
Yesterday we received a mailing from DVC saying, "Don't miss this window of opportunity". It was about changes to present costs at AKL and BLT after 1/15/09. The deal is this:

Pay $104 per point now at AKL or $112 beginning Jan 15.
Add on as few as 25 pts at BLT now or no less than 100 pts beginning Jan 15.

Are they serious? In this economy is this really the right tactic to be taking? Maybe so for those of you who have followed this more closely. Do you think 1/15/09 will be the end of incentives? :mickey:

DVC Mike
11-16-2008, 04:27 PM
Pay $104 per point now at AKL or $112 beginning Jan 15.

Add on as few as 25 pts at BLT now or no less than 100 pts beginning Jan 15.

Yes, DVC is raising the list price of AKV to be the same as BLT. There will be incentives, so you won't need to pay list.

The minimum add-on is rising. I also hear the minimum buy-in for new purchasers is going up from 160 to 200 at BLT.

MinnieMommie
11-16-2008, 05:16 PM
Wow - thanks Mike. :mickey:

Hammer
11-16-2008, 05:51 PM
I think the changes going into effect on 1/15/09 are a really bad move. Anyone can see that the economic outlook in the near future is not good and it will take a while for a substantive recovery. Most people are not going to be able to spend $20,000 to buy into DVC. So what does Disney do? Let's make the prices even higher and the buy-in and add-on point amounts larger, making this an even more expensive purchase :shake: ! Yes, BLT is 30% sold, but there are signs that the sales are drying up now and that the initial rush is done.

MinnieMommie
11-16-2008, 06:20 PM
I think the changes going into effect on 1/15/09 are a really bad move. Anyone can see that the economic outlook in the near future is not good and it will take a while for a substantive recovery. Most people are not going to be able to spend $20,000 to buy in to DVC. So what does Disney do? Let's make the prices even higher and the buy-in and add-on point amounts larger, making this an even more expensive purchase :shake: ! Yes, BLT is 30% sold, but there are signs that the sales are drying up now and that the initial rush is done.

That is exactly what DH has been saying since the mailing came in yesterday. My thoughts are that most people won't have that kind of money for a luxury purchase. Most people's dollars will need to be spent on necessities for a while. It's not like DVC is an investment...not like a stock purchase in this economic environment. Not sure what they are thinking? :shake: