PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon: Dessert on dining plan?

maestrotim
11-16-2008, 10:19 AM
I am trying to figure out reservations for an upcoming trip and it will be the first time using the Disney Dining plan. I have a question regarding having dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe. If I get the skillet as my meal, do I still get a dessert with the standard dining plan? I see it says "1 full buffet" in the literature but I notice that dessert isn't included in the skillet offering.

I'm just trying to figure out how to make the most of the dining plan value. Thanks for your replies! Also, any other suggestions about the best value for dinners would be appreciated. I was thinking about going to Chefs de France (although not currently on the 2009 list, I hope it will be since it was this year). I am also thinking about Kona Cafe (a favorite) and Boatwrights since I will be at POR on this trip. Thanks!
Tim

jonah'smom
11-16-2008, 04:59 PM
I had the Canyon Skillet when we ate there in 2006 and I got a separate dessert. Not sure if that has changed since then.

TheDuckRocks
11-16-2008, 05:07 PM
I would most surely think that you would get dessert with all DDP lunches and dinners if they were TS or CS. The skillet would be your entree. All buffets and family style restaurants that we have been to have had dessert included in the price.

maestrotim
11-16-2008, 06:41 PM
Thank you for the replies!

J9
11-16-2008, 06:42 PM
We ate there on my birthday (Nov 9 - just this past Sunday). We all ordered the skillet and got separate desserts.

PS - yummy yummy yummy brisket!!! MMMM!

henry.james.s
11-16-2008, 08:15 PM
If you're on the DDP the desert is included with the Canyon Skillet or any other entree. :thumbsup:
The Apple Carmel Pie is GREAT!!