PDA

View Full Version : Are there places to park ECVs at rides, etc.?

beksy
11-16-2008, 10:09 AM
Ok, it's been a long time coming but I'll finally admit it to myself...I'm going to need to use an ECV on our upcoming trip in May. After reading the horror stories I'm a little concerned about the buses but figure I'll get past that. My question is, I am able to walk for short distances and really don't want my picture taken in the ECV. When we go to a character meet and greet or stop for a photopass, is it ok to get out of the ECV and leave it to one side? I know the rides usually have a parking place but what about stores? I don't want to be confined any more than I have too but to really enjoy this trip I'm going to need to use the ECV for longer distances. Thanks for any and all advice! :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-16-2008, 12:16 PM
Yes! On our last trip last May, my Mom needed an ECV, as she couldn't handle the distance walking, but she was fine to walk in a restaurant, through a short ride line, photopass, etc.

In each case, we had little problem finding a place to park the ECV. There are tons of out of the way spaces that you can tuck it into! A couple of times we checked with the CM for the best place to park it, and they were always great!

For things like photopass and character meets, we just had Mom park off to the side, and join us once we were ready for her.

Don't worry about taking the ECV, I know for us, that Mom wouldn't have been able to come on the trip without it, and having her there was more important than anyone who felt that they had the right to be rude!

Enjoy your trip! :mickey:

ElenitaB
11-16-2008, 03:37 PM
As the PP has explained, there are generally places to park the ECV and keep it out of the way.

I just wanted to add that while many of us have had unfortunate experiences on the busses, it's not been every ride. In my experience, it still continues to be the exception and not the rule.

Are you renting an ECV for your entire stay? If so, spend some time riding around your resort to get used to it: how to turn, how much time it takes to stop (equipment does vary on that), how to back up, how fast/slow you can go, and yes, even practice parallel parking next to a bench or chair. A little practice will go a long way.

Have a wonderful trip!

mickeefan
12-08-2008, 06:20 PM
One of my favorite rides is Soarin. You can drive your ECV right up to the ride itself.