PDA

View Full Version : A game of This OR That??

mrmcgiv
11-15-2008, 11:58 PM
With a 7YO Girl and 4YO boy?

For Dinner:

Whispering Canyon or Cape may Buffet?

Crystal Palace or Liberty Tree tavern? we have been to CP for B-fast before, never dinner. Never at LTT

1900 Park Fare or Cape May Clam Bake for dinner? Never at either

For Breakfast..

Tusker House or 1900 Park Fare?

Chef Mickeys or Tusker House for Breakfast ? We were at Mickey's for dinner before.

Thanks!

Tbelle1976
11-16-2008, 10:42 AM
Not all of these are from prior experience in the particuliar rest (actually only CP, LTT & 1900 we have dined at). I will, however, tell you where we have chose to make our ADR's this coming Feb (my children are DD9, DS7):

Dinner
We have chose both WC and CMC for dinner, but from what I have seen in the menus there are very different cuisines. CMC is going to be a clam bake, will the kids enjoy that?

As for CP or LTT, if you are going for the characters you'll probably want to choose CP, because I believe LTT is doing away w/character dining. Although, if the characters will still be there during your trip, I would choose LTT. The food is great and service has always been as good.

DH loves 1900 Park Fare and insists on this every year (been so many times, I could take it or leave it at this point).

Going on what the kids will also enjoy we have chosen Chef Mickey's and 1900 for breakfast, CP and WC for dinner (with other ADR's in addition to that).

It took me awhile to do my research for a 7nt deluxe DDP, but I think I made all the right choices and I'm sure you will too.

bkfree
11-17-2008, 10:04 PM
I have two children, a 9 year old somewhat picky eater and a 7 year old more adventurous one. This is my picks for the places tht would/has pleased us all.

Cape May over WC. WC just doesn't appeal to any of us.

CP is one of our favs for any meal and all of us find lots to enjoy. One visit to LTT was enough.

1900 Park Fare is another fave, great food and great entertainment.

Haven't been to the new Tusker House, but would love to try it.

Chef Mickeys is also a must each trip. We either do dinner or a 10am brunch.

DisneyFr33k
11-18-2008, 01:04 PM
With a 7YO Girl and 4YO boy?

For Dinner:

Whispering Canyon or Cape may Buffet?

Crystal Palace or Liberty Tree tavern? we have been to CP for B-fast before, never dinner. Never at LTT

1900 Park Fare or Cape May Clam Bake for dinner? Never at either

For Breakfast..

Chef Mickeys or Tusker House for Breakfast ? We were at Mickey's for dinner before.

Thanks!

Cape May for sure! WC is alright. We ate there two trips back and decided it wasn't worth the ride over. Average at best.

Liberty Tree, hands down! CP was one of the most disappointing dining experiences we've ever had. Maybe it was because we had heard so much wonderful things about it. But the food was average - the kind you find a your home town average all you can eat buffet chain. The one exception - if you have small kids, they will love Pooh and gang. If not, pass it up.

The others I cannot compare as I haven't eaten at all.

Good luck!

disneydrmr
11-18-2008, 02:20 PM
As someone else mentioned.. Liberty Tree Tavern will no longer be a character meal at the start of the year. So if you are looking for characters then Crystal Palace would be the one I would point you to.

Chef Mickey's for breakfast is awesome!

And Whispering Canyon was a wonderful dining experience also.

mouseketeer mom
11-19-2008, 08:12 PM
Whispering Canyon over Cape May for sure. It is an experience to be had! Fun, fun and yummy! Plus, the lines at Cape May can be long for the buffet...that's alot of up and down with a four year old. The food is served family style at Whispering Canyon if you get the skillet. Much easier with kids.

Crystal Palace has a wonderful dinner buffet. Characters too! But..if you've never tried LTT before, the food is delicious and worth a try. I would choose LTT, even without characters.

1900 Park Fare for dinner would be wonderful with the kids. I would choose that over Cape May clambake. They would love 1900 for dinner.

As for breakfast, Chef Mickey's is always our number one pick.

illini
11-20-2008, 09:05 AM
1. Cape May, but haven't eaten at either. WC doesn't appeal to me food-wise at all.

2. Crystal Palace. The food at LTT was yucky. StoveTop Stuffing? No thanks! The buffet at CP is my fave by far.

3. 1900 Park Fare. Just for the beautiful atmosphere and characters.

4. Tusker House (so you can get it in once with my other selections).

5. Chef Mickey's. The breakfast buffet is decent, and I think this is a must-do on any trip.

That lets you eat at all of them except LTT which is for the best anyway, IMO.

ldc12377
11-20-2008, 10:03 AM
With a 7YO Girl and 4YO boy? ---I have been to WDW with my kids three times in the last year and a half. (Oldest boy was 8-9, Daughter was 6-7, youngest boy was 2-3 for these trips)

For Dinner:

Whispering Canyon or Cape may Buffet? ----We tried the Whispering Canyon for dinner. The food was more appealing to my family. We really liked the food but were alittle disappointed in the interaction from the CMs. We had read that they were very playful there but I guess we had an off night. The kids really liked riding the stick horses around the restaurant. So I had say

Crystal Palace or Liberty Tree tavern? we have been to CP for B-fast before, never dinner. Never at LTT ----I would pick LLT but only if the characters are still there. The food is good but my favorite part is that it is served family style. That is always a plus when dining with younger children but not having the characters there might be a disappointment for the kids.

1900 Park Fare or Cape May Clam Bake for dinner? Never at either ----- We loved 1900 Park Fare. Nothing better for a little girl than eating with Cinderella.

For Breakfast..

Tusker House or 1900 Park Fare? ----- This one would be a toss up. They both have great food and a lot of variety which always works well for us. 1900 Park Fare has the Mad Hatter as one of its characters at breakfast. If your kids are into characters then he is one that is usually hard to find but he is is worth finding. He is so playful with the kids and since he is a "face" character, He talks and interact with the kids. My kids watched Alice in Wonderland on the trip down to Florida so they would know who the Hatter was. After our breakfast with him, he is now their favorite character to see. But on the same note, Tucker House has Daisy Duck who is also very hard to find. So in my opinion, I would pick this one by what characters you want to see.

Chef Mickeys or Tusker House for Breakfast ? ----- Again, a toss up. We go to Chef Mickey's on every trip because it is my kids' favorite place to go (more for the characters than the food). Chef Mickey's has become a tradition with my family. The food at either of these would be good and give you a lot of variety. I would again pick this one based on the characters that your kids would like to see.

dolphinmickey9170
11-20-2008, 10:26 AM
Here are the suggestions from my daughter!

For Dinner:

Whispering Canyon or Cape may Buffet? Fun interaction, great food, bottomless shakes. Ask for ketchup.

Crystal Palace or Liberty Tree tavern? we have been to CP for B-fast before, never dinner. Never at LTT. Good food, fun characters, lots to eat as it is a buffet, you won't leave hungry!!

1900 Park Fare or Cape May Clam Bake for dinner? Never at either. Awesome characters, even the prince is cool for your son. Another great meal, lots to eat.

For Breakfast..

Tusker House or 1900 Park Fare? We have friends who call the Tucker house, the Tusker Cluster, because it was a disaster. We really liked 1900PF breakfast. Good food, Alice is fun, so is the Mad Hatter!!

Chef Mickeys or Tusker House for Breakfast ? We were at Mickey's for dinner before. You gotta try the PB&J breakfast pizza. It is yummy!

Thanks!

mrmcgiv
11-20-2008, 10:32 AM
I use stove top stuffing in one casserole, otherwise I never make it..and they have the Stove Top Mac and cheese which I do not care for and my kids will NOT touch it! My husband however loves the stuff. ICK! THX

1. Cape May, but haven't eaten at either. WC doesn't appeal to me food-wise at all.

2. Crystal Palace. The food at LTT was yucky. StoveTop Stuffing? No thanks! The buffet at CP is my fave by far.

3. 1900 Park Fare. Just for the beautiful atmosphere and characters.

4. Tusker House (so you can get it in once with my other selections).

5. Chef Mickey's. The breakfast buffet is decent, and I think this is a must-do on any trip.

That lets you eat at all of them except LTT which is for the best anyway, IMO.

PlutoPlanet
11-20-2008, 12:24 PM
We've eaten at both Whispering Canyon Cafe and Cape May several times with a DD, now 12. Both are very good. The show elements at WCC are a lot of fun. The food at WCC is very good barbecue. Cape May is a very good kid- friendly buffet. More than enough for the kids to choose from. Clams and mussels are the most popular buffet items for adults. The dessert buffet is very good too.

dmosher
11-20-2008, 02:48 PM
Whispering Canyon, no question!

Crystal Palace is a great place, wonderful variety and HEY who doesn't love Pooh and friends!

1900 Park Fare or Cape May Clam Bake for dinner? Have never been to either one, sorry.

For Breakfast..

Have never been to either one for breakfast, sorry.

:pipes:
D