PDA

View Full Version : Seafood in the World????

ldc12377
11-15-2008, 04:23 PM
We are trying to find a table service restaurant that we can use our dining plan at that has really good seafood options. Any suggestions?

eeyorelover63
11-15-2008, 04:31 PM
i'm not sure if it is still there or not but when we went a couple years back, we went to Fulton's Crab House in Downtown Disney

bobpfef
11-15-2008, 05:20 PM
I don't think Fulton's is on the dining plan. My family have had really good seafood at Coral Reef and CA Grill. Coral Reef is a one dining credit, while CA Grill is two.

sassafras
11-15-2008, 05:43 PM
We went to Cap'n Jack's at DD on the dining plan. Had twin lobster tails which was good if you like lobster.

henry.james.s
11-15-2008, 05:53 PM
Two words..Flying Fish. The name says it all. :number1:
Close 2nd..California Grill.

Hammer
11-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Two words..Flying Fish. The name says it all. :number1:

I have to disagree with Flying Fish. I ate there last month and while it was good, it was probably the least impressive of our Signature Dining experiences on our week long trip. I had the signature dish of potato wrapped Snapper and while it was tasty, it wasn't that flavorful. The crab-encrusted snapper I had at Narcoossee's was a much better seafood dish in my opinion.

If you are looking for a 2 credit dining experience, I would suggest Narcoossee's. If you are looking for 1 credit dining, I would probably suggest Coral Reef.

henry.james.s
11-15-2008, 08:06 PM
I have to disagree with Flying Fish. I ate there last month and while it was good, it was probably the least impressive of our Signature Dining experiences on our week long trip. I had the signature dish of potato wrapped Snapper and while it was tasty, it wasn't that flavorful. The crab-encrusted snapper I had at Narcoossee's was a much better seafood dish in my opinion.

If you are looking for a 2 credit dining experience, I would suggest Narcoossee's. If you are looking for 1 credit dining, I would probably suggest Coral Reef.

Since you have singled out my opinion I am compelled to respond. We will have to agree to disagree. :D
I have lost count of how many times I've dined since the FF opened its doors and I have never ever had nothing less than outstanding meals and a large number have spectacular. :thumbsup:
The Potato Wrapped Red Snapper has been on the menu there since the beginning and IMHO for very good reason..but I'll be going to Narcoosees as well on my trip next month and I'll try theirs if it's on the menu. I see they have a Crab Crusted Flounder dish on it now but we'll see.
Anywho..to each his own!! :number1:

Hammer
11-15-2008, 08:19 PM
but I'll be going to Narcoosees as well on my trip next month and I'll try theirs if it's on the menu. I see they have a Crab Crusted Flounder dish on it now but we'll see.
Anywho..to each his own!! :number1:

When I was there in mid-October, it was Yellowtail Snapper, but they said it really depends what fresh fish they get in. Whatever it is, it should be crab-encrusted, as that part does not change.

Now I do agree with you on California Grill, though the only seafood I have had there was sushi (which was top notch). I can't get past the pork tenderloin with goat cheese polenta to try anything else.

KatMark
11-15-2008, 09:14 PM
Unfortunately, Fulton's, which is our favorite, is not on the dining plan (therefore, we usually do it every other year as it is very expensive, but ohhhhhh so good). We did not care for Flying Fish when we tried it a few years ago and haven't done Coral Reef in a very long time. We don't do Signature Restaurants so can't comment on any of those.

henry.james.s
11-15-2008, 09:19 PM
Now I do agree with you on California Grill, though the only seafood I have had there was sushi (which was top notch). I can't get past the pork tenderloin with goat cheese polenta to try anything else.

Yoshie @ CG is the only person who has got me to eat sushi ever..I didn't even order it. She just walked over and put it in my mouth...she's a hoot and a genius too. :D

RockinRollerMom
11-16-2008, 11:08 AM
We went to Cap'n Jack's at DD on the dining plan. Had twin lobster tails which was good if you like lobster.

This is no longer offered at Capt N Jacks. It was very good though. Another vote for the Coral Reef here. I don't think it is on the menu anymore, but last year we got King Crab legs that were to die for!

While it's not gourmet by any standards, my family really enjoys the clambake at Cape May's. It's buffet so it's all you can eat. They have great clam chowder, mussels, clams, peel and eat shirmp and normally a baked fish (haddock or salmon) too. It is a must do for us every trip.

Polynesian Dweller
11-16-2008, 12:26 PM
Although Cali Grill is a great restaurant it is not primarily a seafood restaurant. Narcoosees considers itself to be a seafood restaurant (though it has great other choices). Its seafood is very good!