PDA

View Full Version : Disney Credit Card and 0% APR on Vacation Packages

AmandaChan
11-15-2008, 02:44 PM
How exactly does the Disney credit card work with the 0% APR for 6 months? Is there a certain type of vacation package and what does it include? I am having a hard time finding a lot of information about it. Also has anyone used this before? Thanks for your help.

jonsmom
11-15-2008, 03:13 PM
The 0% financing is for 6 months only.

A package would consist of a hotel, and tickets or hotel, tickets & meals.

I use it every time I book a package, either with AAA or WDTC.

It's the only reason I use it.

Beast_fanatic
11-15-2008, 06:41 PM
There is no certain type of package that has to be booked, but it does need to be a package (not a room only).

Each charge toward the vacation gets its own 6-month time frame to be paid back. So, if you make the depost now, you have until May to pay that part back; if you make a payment in December then you'll have until June to pay that part back, etc. Payments apply to any other balance first, and then they apply in order of expiration to any special financing offers. So, if you owe $400 for regular charges, $200 for the deposit, and you charged a $500 payment toward the vacation, and you pay $750 toward the card, the regular charges will be paid off, the $200 for the deposit will be paid off, and $150 will be applied toward the $500 payment.

laward32
11-16-2008, 05:04 PM
Glad you asked that question. Thanks for the replies. I was confused on how it worked it I didn't charge the whole amount of the package at the time of booking. You just cleared it up for me BeastFanatic. Thanks so much. This is why I love Intercot.:mickey:

Disney Lynn
11-17-2008, 08:34 AM
Each charge toward the vacation gets its own 6-month time frame to be paid back. So, if you make the depost now, you have until May to pay that part back; if you make a payment in December then you'll have until June to pay that part back, etc. Payments apply to any other balance first, and then they apply in order of expiration to any special financing offers. So, if you owe $400 for regular charges, $200 for the deposit, and you charged a $500 payment toward the vacation, and you pay $750 toward the card, the regular charges will be paid off, the $200 for the deposit will be paid off, and $150 will be applied toward the $500 payment.

Have you actually had this situation? I had a package booked at the 0% (for our October 08 trip) plus regular charges made on my card. When I called the cc company (WDW Visa card phone number), I was told that any payment is first applied to the charges with the lowest interest rate- even if it was the 0% financing "special" and then any remaining payment was applied to the regular charges. If any regular charges remained, they would start accruing interest. They were very clear with me that the 0% was truely 0% if you only charged the package(s) but didn't use your card for any regular purchases in the same months. So I paid off everything when I received the bill.

This was in September- if it's changed, good for them- then 0% is really 0%!

Beast_fanatic
11-17-2008, 04:12 PM
Yes, I have actually had that situation and it worked the way that I described above. Of course, they may have changed it, but every other similar offer that I've had with other credit card companies has worked the same way.

AmandaChan
11-19-2008, 05:09 PM
Thank you all so much for the information. This definitely makes it a lot clearer.