PDA

View Full Version : bags on ToT

mouselover93
11-15-2008, 01:05 PM
im not sure because i forget but is there a bag drop on ToT or a like the little mesh things or do you have to carry your bags

laurenC325
11-15-2008, 01:16 PM
We had a drawstring backpack and it would not fit in the mesh holder. Instead we just wrapped the strap around the bars that you hold on to on the sides of the seats. We also then held the bag and we had no problem. :mickey:

vividms
11-15-2008, 01:19 PM
I always put my bag behind my legs so that they are secured between the seat and my feet. It does help to have something that will close. If it has straps, I always slide one foot through a strap just in case. This works on other rides.

pink
11-15-2008, 01:23 PM
I was just there and to my horror after doing lots of shopping- there was no mesh bag!

I had to squeeze half the packages between my legs and sat on the other half.

Word to the wise: Don't go shopping before riding TOT! :mickey:

mainemajor
11-15-2008, 01:50 PM
Word to the wise: Don't go shopping before riding TOT! :mickey:

Or have your purchases either sent to the front of the park or to your room if you are staying on site

mouselover93
11-15-2008, 04:04 PM
well im bringin a backpack would there be enough room betweenme and the seat or should i wrap it around my leg

Zawadi
11-15-2008, 04:20 PM
The mechanics of ToT does mean that it drops slightly faster than gravity - resulting in things becoming weightless. I have been hit by an unrestrained notepad containing the itinerary of a guest in the back row.

I've taken a 20x9x9 inch camera bag on with no problems and held it on my knees.

Just ensure that the bag can be closed, put it on the floor and hold the straps.

PS: I've done the ride over 160 times with no problems with any bags.

TinyDancer
11-15-2008, 11:33 PM
I, myself, was hit in the head with an empty water bottle that was just hovering!!! Haha, it was very amusing.:)

#1donaldfan
11-16-2008, 08:52 AM
no mesh bags or any place to secure your things....we've not had any problems, to date, with losing articles.....we just place them at our feet and hope for the best...:mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
11-16-2008, 12:04 PM
Or have your purchases either sent to the front of the park or to your room if you are staying on site

Having packages sent to your Disney hotel is one the best perks you get from staying on property :mickey:

laward32
11-16-2008, 04:49 PM
I had a backback the last trip and I just put my foot through the strap and put it up around my knee and I had no problems.:mickey:

Imagineer1981
11-17-2008, 12:07 PM
generally its not bad, the attraction is caged in, so your items won't go anywhere, but they could end up a row behind you

ojeilatan
11-17-2008, 01:47 PM
As our backpack will never fit in the mesh bag, we came up with a way to entertain ourselves even more: One of us hooks the straps on our wrists securely, and lets the bag rest in our lap or between our feet. The whole time you go through drops, the bag flies clear up to be level with our face or higher. If we have more than one bag, we have contests to see whose goes higher.
Of course, any breakable items are removed, and the bag is shut tightly so nothing goes flying out. And, if you prefer to keep your items secure, holding the bag between your feet works well.

ILoveLegos
11-17-2008, 01:55 PM
My favorite - the floating apple trick (of course you have to have your eyes open to see that one). :secret:

Seasonscraps
11-17-2008, 02:00 PM
I had a backback the last trip and I just put my foot through the strap and put it up around my knee and I had no problems.:mickey:

This is exactly what I have done. It works like a charm. :thumbsup:

thrillme
11-17-2008, 04:31 PM
We usually put our little backpack around our ankle. We like to watch it fly up as we drop but it's secured so that it doesn't get left behind in the twilight zone or someone's head.