PDA

View Full Version : Polynesian Resort by Car

SleepinB
11-15-2008, 01:06 AM
Hello Everyone:

We have a 9:30 AM ADR at the Kona Cafe on New Year's Day. I have got to believe that the Magic Kingdom Main Entrance to the TTC will be very crowded at that time of the day.

Is there a way to get to the Polynesian by car other than through the Magic Kingdom Toll Entrance?

illini
11-15-2008, 01:07 AM
Nope. That's the only way in. Just allow lots of time.

Georgesgirl1
11-15-2008, 10:11 AM
There actually is a way! I can't tell you exact road names, but my dad loves to drive around aimlessly so we have probably been to parts of the resort that most people have never been to.
I think (but am not sure) that if you turn right just before DTD if you have entered WDW from the entrance near DTD you will be on a road that will dead end into the road that Fort Wilderness Resort is on. Take a left on this road. If you continue to go past Fort Wilderness you will end up coming out right past the Magic Kingdom Parking entrance and you will be able to enter the Poly. I think those are the only turns but I may be wrong. Definitely try this out before that morning since I am going based on my memory which due to pregnancy isn't what it used to be!
Good luck and I hope you can avoid the parking lines!

wdwfansince75
11-15-2008, 10:40 AM
As you approach the toll plaza, if you stay to the right, the gates are for buses and for autos to the resorts. Tell them you have an ADR at Poly, and they will usually let you pass....but because of the date, and the buses heading to the park, you might want to consider several other options....

Take the MK bus from the Swan....take the resort monorail from the main gate to the Poly...
Walk or take the boat to DHS....catch the bus to Poly
Take a cab from the Swan to the Poly....not too expensive, and solves parking problems....and the cabbies know the best shortcuts.
I beleive that staying to the right will keep you from too much of a log jam, you still have the parking problem, and you are only given about 2-3 hours of free parking at the resort in conjunction with ADR's. Believe MK bus and resort monorail is fastest free option...but cab option is most efficient.

Disneyfun
11-15-2008, 11:29 AM
Georgesgirl1 is absolutely correct! I used to drive this route alot back in 97 when I was a cast memeber. Here are the alternate directions to get to MK from DTD:

Turn right onto N. Buena Vista Dr.
Turn right onto Bonnet Creek Pkwy toward Port Oleans
Turn left on Vista Blvd. towards Fort Wilderness.
Turn right on World Dr. and you will pass the Contemporary Resort on your right.
Proceed straight around the MK. World Dr. will change to Floridian Way.
The Poly will be on your right side.

Polynesian Dweller
11-15-2008, 12:42 PM
Georgesgirl1 is absolutely correct! I used to drive this route alot back in 97 when I was a cast memeber. Here are the alternate directions to get to MK from DTD:

Turn right onto N. Buena Vista Dr.
Turn right onto Bonnet Creek Pkwy toward Port Oleans
Turn left on Vista Blvd. towards Fort Wilderness.
Turn right on World Dr. and you will pass the Contemporary Resort on your right.
Proceed straight around the MK. World Dr. will change to Floridian Way.
The Poly will be on your right side.

A bit of a modification on this, you do not go past the Contemporary. After you take the left on Vista Blvd it will come to World drive and the only direction you can go is to the North, it basically merges into World Drive. This occurs just as you go under the monorail track. It is north (past) the MK entrance plaza so you don't need to worry about that.

After the turn onto World Drive, immediately get into the left lane. The next traffic light north is Seven Seas Dr. Turn left on Seven Seas. Drive past the TTC and you will go over a speed bump. Just past that is the Poly entrance on the right.

This is our preferred route to the Poly.

dtootsie42
11-15-2008, 02:07 PM
Great Directions Disneyfun and Polynesian Dweller!!! My husband was in Orlando this summer and had made some adr's at the resorts (trying to escape away from boring meetings at his convention) he discoverd this route and said it is great way to get to the Poly and by pass the gates and heavy traffic.

illini
11-16-2008, 03:36 PM
OK, I'm a goofball! Sometimes I need to keep my mouth shut.
But what great info to have. Thanks!!!

Polynesian Dweller
11-16-2008, 05:23 PM
OK, I'm a goofball! Sometimes I need to keep my mouth shut.
But what great info to have. Thanks!!!

Ah, I wouldn't say that. Disney doesn't exactly make that route well known. We just happened on it a few years ago while just checking out where the roads.

We've actually found a few ways around the property that aren't the ones that Disney shows on its road signs but are actually a bit nicer. Takes a but of exploring to find them though.

MinnieMommie
11-16-2008, 06:08 PM
There actually is a way! I can't tell you exact road names, but my dad loves to drive around aimlessly so we have probably been to parts of the resort that most people have never been to.

DH also drives around seemingly aimlessly but actually knows his way around those roads quite well now. Method to his maddness! :mickey:

A bit of a modification on this, you do not go past the Contemporary. After you take the left on Vista Blvd it will come to World drive and the only direction you can go is to the North, it basically merges into World Drive. This occurs just as you go under the monorail track. It is north (past) the MK entrance plaza so you don't need to worry about that.

After the turn onto World Drive, immediately get into the left lane. The next traffic light north is Seven Seas Dr. Turn left on Seven Seas. Drive past the TTC and you will go over a speed bump. Just past that is the Poly entrance on the right.

This is our preferred route to the Poly.

DH just said, "yes that it is exactly". Intercottees share the best info! :thumbsup:

Darbylew
12-24-2008, 10:54 AM
That is good information for all of us. There
maybe a time when we can use those directions
Thanks, :thumbsup: