PDA

View Full Version : Should we visit Disney world on our arrival day, Nov.22 or save the ticket and visit

momofboys
11-14-2008, 11:00 PM
Should we visit Disney world on our arrival day, Nov.22 (Sat.) or save the ticket and visit on our departure day Nov. 29th (Sat. after thanksgiving)? thanks for the help

teambricker04
11-15-2008, 12:17 AM
How long will you have either day? Will you be travelling with small children? With our little kids, we like to have a rest day when we get to WDW, but if we have an earlier flight out on the day we are leaving then we'll use ours when we get there.

illini
11-15-2008, 12:39 AM
Depends on how much time you have either day. Can you possibly add another day (only a couple of bucks) and do both? It's so cheap to add on that I do it even if we only get a couple hours out of it.
I checked touringplans and it the crowd predictor has the same levels for both days so you can probably take that factor out.

momofboys
11-15-2008, 12:59 AM
Thanks for the information/ suggestion to just add a day. I will check into the cost.

BigRedDad
11-15-2008, 04:14 AM
If you are on a Magic Your Way package, additional days are very little. If you add the day and don't use it, it is not that much money wasted.

CleveRocks
11-15-2008, 04:26 AM
If you are on a Magic Your Way package, additional days are very little. If you add the day and don't use it, it is not that much money wasted.

Just a slight clarification. Whether or not your room is booked as a package or a room-only reservation, and actually even if you're not staying at a Disney resort at all, adding an extra day to a 4-to-9 day ticket is still only an additional $3 a day.

mouseketeer mom
11-15-2008, 08:36 AM
In terms of crowds and managing the parks, using the ticket on the 22nd would be much better than using it on the 29th. The Saturday after Thanksgiving last year was still mobbed. However, the weekend before was quite manageable!

gerald72
11-15-2008, 08:45 AM
Like everyone said, it depends on a lot of factors:

If you are driving, you might be slightly tired on arrival day and might not stay the complete day. Although you might not want to stay a whole day in the parks on departure day, either.

If you go on arrival day, the kids might see the really cool pool/ arcade at the resort and want to leave the park early to check out the hotel. By departure day they might have that out of their system.

But it sounds like you are taking the advice of just going BOTH days!

I suppose you win no matter what you decide.

RockinRollerMom
11-15-2008, 09:09 AM
Without knowing all of the specifics my vote is for the arrival day. I agree that you have a better chance of hitting smaller crowds on the Sat. before Thanksgiving vs the Sat. after Thanksgiving. Plus, when I travel I just can't contain myself when I first get there. I HAVE to go to the parks. But, if you can upgrade your ticket and do both my vote is for that.

wdwfansince75
11-15-2008, 10:48 AM
Being impulsive, we always hit the parks the first day....tickets can be upgraded or added to any time up to 14 days from first use.....you can upgrade tickets at guest services or at the lobby concierge at most resorts.....Use your tickets on the arrival day....and if you decide to do the departure date as well, you can upgrade once you make the commitment. Cost is about $3 per ticket for the extra day.

IamBelle
11-15-2008, 11:11 AM
when we usually go, we usually just walk around DTD and spend the last day at the parks, but it is kind of rushed.

kadesha
11-15-2008, 01:20 PM
The Saturday after Thanksgiving is going to be really busy!!! I'd use it on the 22nd!

We'll also be there during that time. The 22nd is our MK day! :mickey:

andreallybadeggs
11-16-2008, 10:53 AM
Which park(s) are you considering?
If you don't purchase an additional day
I'd go on Nov. 22 (thinking smaller crowds) to MK, EPC, or AK or use it for early extra magic on Nov. 29 at DHS. Avoid Studios on Nov. 22 if that's your arrival day since it is the extra magic park that day as well.
I'm skeptical re. the crowd predictor. While both Saturdays are going to be busy, I'd bet a dollar of my hard-earned salary that Nov. 29 will be more crowded than Nov. 22 but you can let us know when you return.

chrisb26
11-16-2008, 11:11 AM
I agree with what most of said regarding day since I would guess the 22nd would have less crowds probably. Although I would also take into consideration which day I would have more time in. Depending on what time you'd get there and how much time you'd have before you left.