PDA

View Full Version : Large Groups in Early May??

MadisonvilleMouse239
11-14-2008, 04:54 PM
Does anyone know if large groups usually go during the first week of May? Graduates or any other large groups of people.

We are planning on going May 2-8 and wanted to make sure the parks wouldn't be closed to only those in the large groups.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Strmchsr
11-14-2008, 05:14 PM
Sometimes Grad nights happen around that time, and I think they often have "Magic Music Days" close to that time where they have a bunch of high school bands down for a competition. However, whether that closes the park or not I don't know. It didn't when I was a teenager, but that was a few years ago.

the other micki
11-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Grad Nites are in mid-late April this year, so you're okay there.

teambricker04
11-14-2008, 11:49 PM
We were at WDW this past May during that time and it was a PERFECT time to go! The crowds were still pretty light, but the weather was nice and warm for swimming.

I don't remember any of the parks being closed for larger groups or events.

MadisonvilleMouse239
11-17-2008, 09:00 AM
Thanks guys for all the info. The last time we vacation in May was in 2003. My husband and I went to Universal and we were done with both parks of Universal in one day because the crowds were so light. I didn't know if Disney crowds would be light during that time.

faline
11-17-2008, 10:39 AM
Early May is a great time to visit Disney World. Even when grad nights are held during this time, they typically do not impact Disney daytime attendance.

Soemtimes, there are large school groups touring - particularly Epcot (end of school year field trips) but generally these can be easily avoided.