PDA

View Full Version : this will be our first time at MVMCP, what to do?

Bri
11-14-2008, 12:54 PM
hi all,

this will be our first time at mvmcp. i know you can get character pics and there are special fireworks and plays and hot cocoa and stuff like that. but what else goes on? we will be going on thursday dec 11. thanks!

Marilyn Michetti
11-14-2008, 01:04 PM
There's a special show in front of the castle, but my favorite thing was the Christmas parade. Honestly, I'm in my 60's, and was so excited to see the toy soldiers that someone I don't even know took my camera and snapped my picture.

Seeing the parade on T.V. Christmas morning wasn't anything after the real thing. (I guess I just have a "thing" for men in uniform".

The fake snow was neat too - we don't see that in Arizona.:santa:

BigRedDad
11-14-2008, 01:18 PM
Pretty much everything you can do on a normal day you can do at MVMCP. The differences are the parade, Wishes show, stage show at the castle, storytelling, dance parties, characters in Xmas gear, Belle in a $25k dress, Scrooge, MVMCP merchandise, "snow" on Main Street. I will be at MVMCP for the first time next Friday night. I have had to do a lot of readign to find info. There are quite a few things on YouTube and other sites.

RockinRollerMom
11-15-2008, 09:31 AM
I agree that the parade is a do not miss. This was my favorite Disney parade I had ever seen! The fireworks were really awesome too. Besides that it is really up to you. I'd try to catch some of the shows. When you enter you can get a map of the park with all of the show times. It will also have which restaurants are open and where you get get you "free" hot chocolate and cookies. They also sell merchandise that is only available durint the party. Things like MVMCP pins and shirts. Hope you have a blast!

faline
11-15-2008, 04:03 PM
Here's some general information on the party (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/christmas/mvmcp.asp).

I really enjoy the performance at the stage; the holiday parade and the fireworks!

Bri
11-15-2008, 05:46 PM
thanks so much everyone for all your advice!