PDA

View Full Version : How Come I can't pack?!?!?!?!

tyandskyesmom
11-14-2008, 11:22 AM
We are leaving in 5 days and I cannot seem to get myself to packa single suit case! Normally I am packed and ready to go by now but I am just about the complete opposite of that! I have not completely organized my travel info or done laundry or cleaned the house or packed the kid's back packs for the flight or got the Christmas decorations out (which i still would like to get up before we leave!) or packed a suit case.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?!?!?!?!?

ibrowse17
11-14-2008, 11:55 AM
Sounds like you really do need a vacation:thumbsup:

BigRedDad
11-14-2008, 12:28 PM
I leave in 7 days and I am in wait mode at the moment. The weather is iffy at best during the Thanksgiving week. It is not as much for me as it is my daughter. It's easy for me, shorts, t-shirt, and maybe a sweatshirt. For her, it could be a t-shirt all the way up to a winter coat if it gets down to low 40s.

LandFan
11-14-2008, 01:10 PM
I always pack the night before so I can't really help you there. I guess it never seems like a priority to me until it is TIME TO GO!! I am always finishing up other stuff. Don't worry though. It all always gets done in the end.

A funny note: DH usually packs the night before too but this time he packed 6 WEEKS AGO!!:( We just moved last weekend so he decided to pack early since he had to pack his summer clothes away anyway. He keeps taunting me with "I'm already packed, how about you??":D

13 days to go for us...

Good luck - it will all happen.

TinkerbellT421
11-14-2008, 01:27 PM
LOL Sounds like your going to have a long 5 days. They might fly by though because you'll be so busy! I usually pack the weekend before we go but I dont know this year. I am going to have a long few days myself before we leave! We are leaving right after the new year so I will have to pack up all the christmas stuff, not to mention clean everything. Pack and have to work the day before we are leaving which will eat into "things to do time"....OH boy Im getting tired just thinking about it lol! I am sure you will be able to get everything all done! :cloud9: Just think....youll be in disney in 5 days!!!!!!!!!!! :cloud9: I still have 52???? lol

kakn7294
11-14-2008, 02:12 PM
Ha! I saw the title scroll by in the Intercot toolbar and I just KNEW it was you Sherry! I think you just wanted to be like me. I pack the evening before or the day of depending on what time we are leaving.

Marilyn Michetti
11-14-2008, 02:17 PM
I'm DYING to pack, and we've still got 21 days. Trouble is, my left arm is in an immobilizer, and sitting around for the last two weeks on pain meds - I'm not sure what will fit. I've been living in sweat pants because I can't get jeans on with one arm.:blush:

vicster
11-14-2008, 02:25 PM
I don't usually pack until the night before - I like to fly by the seat of my pants - so you're ahead of the game in my mind even thinking about packing.

Goofeygal
11-14-2008, 02:54 PM
I am one that packs early. I am usually packed a week before.

speedmouse93
11-14-2008, 06:04 PM
All i can say is GOOD LUCK!!!

Faver
11-14-2008, 10:55 PM
:mickey:I am waiting to pack!!! only 34 days, I have to stop myself from dragging the suitcases out!!!

I'm sure you'll feel the packing bug any minute now :thumbsup:

Enjoy your trip:party:

mouseketeer mom
11-15-2008, 08:40 AM
You sound like you can't pack because you are "stuck"..kind of overwhelmed with everything that needs to be done. The only way to get past that feeling is to just start. Anywhere. You will feel so much lighter once you do. I have had the feeling before and its always when I have way to much to accomplish in a short amount of time. Just start somewhere and it will fall into place!!

TennesseeTink
11-15-2008, 10:29 AM
Maybe you keep going over all the things you need to do in your head and it seems like such a big job that you're dreading getting started. You should write everything down(it never looks as overwhelming once it's on paper) and just mark them off one at a time.:thumbsup:

If you really want to get all your Christmas decorations up before you go, put on some of your favorite Christmas music. Always gets ME in the mood!

divinedi
11-15-2008, 02:25 PM
I agree with the last few messages, you're probably overwhelmed. I go through that too, I have to get this cleaned, tidied up, this to do that to do and you get yourself in such a state that you don't want to do anything anymore, it just all seems too much. I rarely get everything done that I want to, and I pack last minute, I think part of it is that I don't want to 'jinx' it, silly I know, but I figure if I'm still able to go the day before or of, then it's a go and then I can get excited and start packing!! My girls think I'm a little loopy, but that's alright!

dtootsie42
11-15-2008, 03:26 PM
Ha, live dangerously and pack the day before you go!:mickey: Sounds like you need a vacation badly so I'm sending you some :pixie: to help get you moving :pixie:

mickeys_princess_mom
11-15-2008, 09:27 PM
A funny note: DH usually packs the night before too but this time he packed 6 WEEKS AGO!!:(
:high5: I started packing two weeks ago, and we're 28 days out today!:woohoo:
Couldn't help it. Funny part is I will still be up till two in the morning doing last minute stuff. It's what I do...

:sheep: