PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle launch

WDWdriver
11-14-2008, 10:45 AM
For those of you in the WDW parks or resorts tonight you should be able to see a little bit of the launch of space shuttle Endeavor at 7:55 pm. Look to the eastern horizon and watch for a bright pillar of fire rising toward the northeast. You will not be able to see the shuttle itself due to darkness. And the rocket exhaust may not be as large as you were expecting. From WDW it is about the size of your thumbnail when you extend an arm straight out in front of you. Also, you will not likely hear the sound. But it is still worth looking for, and something to tell your grandchildren about.

henry.james.s
11-14-2008, 08:41 PM
OK who saw it at the resort??
Looked great on HDNET!! :thumbsup:

laward32
11-14-2008, 10:04 PM
We were on a plane in Dec 2006 when the shuttle launched at night. It was so cool to see. I'll never forget that sight.:mickey:

ILoveLegos
11-14-2008, 10:24 PM
From my driveway, I could only see the sky light up. :( It was raining and overcast, a much better show online & CNN, I'm afraid. Oh well - I usually love night launches - not so interesting at my location this time.

henry.james.s
11-15-2008, 12:15 AM
We were on a plane in Dec 2006 when the shuttle launched at night. It was so cool to see. I'll never forget that sight.:mickey:

I was at The Conteporary Resort that night and saw it from there..WAY COOL!! Like a big roman candle. :thumbsup:
I've seen a few launch from the resort and went to a early morning launch @ KSC. Well worth the effort.

mouseketeer mom
11-15-2008, 08:41 AM
Oh! Lucky you watching it from the Contemporary resort! We watched it on TV from NJ and loved every minute.

snuggs30
11-18-2008, 02:21 PM
We were driving from pop to downtown disney and looked up and seen it for like 10 seconds and then it disappeared into the clouds(kind of icky out) it was AMAZING! I was so excited!