PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Day

tman
11-14-2008, 09:27 AM
We will be arriving early on Thanksgiving Day. Will all parks be busy on this day and what are the wait times usually like for a holiday like this?

tyandskyesmom
11-14-2008, 09:38 AM
That is our favorite time to go...in fact we will be at Pop in 5 days!!!!

We usually avoid MK on Thanksgiving day! It has always been packed. We have arrived on Thanksgiving and gone to Epcot in the evening (walk through to get to ESPN for early dinner and the the rest of the night at Epcot) and it was wonderful. SO I think crowds are the worst at MK. Other places may not be so bad.

SFTrny
11-14-2008, 10:08 AM
We were at WDW for Thanksgiving in 2006. We arrived the weekend before and everything was very uncrowded. Never a long wait. But...the closer we got to Thanksgiving, the worse it was. We were in MK for Thanksgiving day and it was extremely crowded. If you plan to eat in the parks, you will definitely want ADR's.

DDuck66
11-14-2008, 10:15 AM
How about the weekend after Thanksgiving? We are arriving on Friday afternoon late. Planning on MK in the evening and Epcot on Saturday.

BigRedDad
11-14-2008, 10:19 AM
Thanksgiving through the weekend after Thanksgiving are crowded. It is probably only more crowded at Christmas, possibly Easter. If you do not have ADR's already, they are all booked this week. the only chance is if there is a cancellation. Be prepared with a plan to manage the crowds.

dlpmikki
11-14-2008, 11:35 AM
The last time we were there at Thanksgiving we went to Epcot and the lines were all several hours long.

4ubie1
11-14-2008, 12:14 PM
Last time I went around thanksgiving, MK was pretty busy so i recommend if you have to visit one of the parks, go to DS or AK. I highly recommend that if you are arriving on Thanksgiving, give yourself a day to recoup and relax at the hotel or go into Downtown Disney and do some shopping. Or maybe do play minigolf. Either way, Have Fun!!:thumbsup:

tman
11-14-2008, 12:27 PM
Ok, I am getting nervous about the crowd level. The past four trips were low crowds and a wait time of no more than 15 minutes each. We will be at WDW from Thanksgiving through Monday. Maybe we should have picked the Friday before Christmas through Christmas Eve? Does anyone know if that would be less crowded? We are very flexible with our schedule and there is still reservations available.

BigRedDad
11-14-2008, 12:31 PM
Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, and 4th of July are the busiest times of the year. It was not too crowded for us at Thanksgiving in 2001, but that was after 9/11.

If you are deciding Thanksgiving and going through the weekend, expect heavy crowds. If you are thinking the days leading up to Christmas Eve, it will be just as crowded.

SurferStitch
11-14-2008, 12:47 PM
Ok, I am getting nervous about the crowd level. The past four trips were low crowds and a wait time of no more than 15 minutes each. We will be at WDW from Thanksgiving through Monday. Maybe we should have picked the Friday before Christmas through Christmas Eve? Does anyone know if that would be less crowded? We are very flexible with our schedule and there is still reservations available.

6 of one, half a dozen of the other. Both will be equally crowded.

jpH/keD
11-14-2008, 04:55 PM
We were there last Thanksgiving Day! We went to Ohana's for breakfast and then tried to get a bus to DTD. We waited for over an hour for a bus!!! It was packed when we got there! Then we went to MK for Turkey dinner at LTT and that was surprisingly not so bad! We even landed a bench on the porch for the Spectromagic parade! The day was horribly crowded. The night was better! Have fun! It was all BEAUTIFUL with the holiday decorations everywhere!

"SULLEY "RULES!!
11-15-2008, 08:57 AM
:turkey:Dh and I leave in 9 days for our Thanksgiving trip. We know the crowds will be high, but who cares you're down at Disney to have fun and you're on vacation. Enjoy yourself and the holiday!!!!! Next trip: 11/24-12/5@ the POP:santa: