PDA

View Full Version : Our DD's GAC

Ropachs
11-14-2008, 09:25 AM
Just wanted to share our recent experience from our late October trip. We stopped in the MK guest services to inquire about the GAC. DD has Down Syndrome and can't walk/stand a long time....we wanted the red strap to be able to use her stroller in line. I brought medical documents although it is pretty obvious she has DS. The CM did not ask to see anything (I had it in my hand) and did not ask any questions, just got her card and strap right away.
It was great to take her stroller in line! Esp. when the wait was more than 15 minutes. We generally got some looks as we'd enter a line, but we tried to keep the strap in plain view so people would realize it was okay and we weren't just thinking anyone could take a stroller in a line. All the CM's were wonderful about taking it from us and getting it upon our return.

ElenitaB
11-14-2008, 12:51 PM
Thanks for sharing, Lori! :thumbsup:

mrsgaribaldi
11-22-2008, 06:04 PM
I'm glad that you had a good experience. I wouldn't have known what a red strap meant, not that it would bother me to see a stroller in line.

trackbarroness
11-23-2008, 06:17 AM
The red strap looks like an airline luggage claim tag that you place on your luggage. :D
Every time I see a stoller coming up to me I start looking for the red "luggage" tag so I can say "no worrries" come on in or sorry no "stollers" allowed. :D
I'm glad you all had a trully wonderful time here at the world.
Have a magical day