PDA

View Full Version : Victoria and Alberts

tnpoohbear
11-14-2008, 08:44 AM
The end of May DD and I will be at WDW on a special girls only trip to celebrate her HS graduation. She wants to eat at Victoria & Alberts and for the first time we will be on the DDP.

We have stayed at the GF before, but never eaten at this restaurant. Do you have to dress up fancy for this place? Also, how is the food? Can you use this restaurant on the Dining Plan?

Sorry for so many questions, we never used the dining plan and are taking advantage of the 4/7 day package.

Thanks for any advice!!:mickey:

TheRustyScupper
11-14-2008, 10:12 AM
1) V&A is not on DDP or DxDP, but is on Premium/Platinum.
2) Fancy dress (evening attire) is required.
3) Food is good.

pox24
11-14-2008, 10:17 AM
My DW and I went a few years ago. The courses were small but we were full when we left. I think there were 8 or 9 that night at the Chefs Table. Semi formal of course and pricy. With the wine pairing I recall it was about $450.00. Although the food was good, and the selections change constantly, a 3 hour dinner was a little too long for us. It was a unique experience, one in which we enjoyed only once and that was enough.

SurferStitch
11-14-2008, 10:20 AM
V&A is truly an amazing experience. DH and I have dined there 7 or 8 times now.

You definitely want to dress up for this. I always wear a fancy evening or cocktail type dress to this. We were there a few weeks ago, and I wore a gorgeous black silk strapless dress with a bubble hem, and it looked like something Audrey Hepburn would have worn. DH always wears a suit and tie. Jacket NEVER comes off there. You are required to wear one, but since it's just the gals, no worries. You can also wear a dressy pants suit if you like. Slacks and a blouse aren't really enough.

The food is absolutely to die for. It's not good, it's SPECTACULAR. And, the Kona Chocolate Souffle is the most amazing dessert I've ever had. It's my very favorite ANYWHERE. I also highly recommend the wine pairing (well, not for your DD :blush:).

We save a bundle there with our DDE card, but as stated above, it's not on the regular DDP, just the deluxe. Even with our 20% discount we still dropped over $500 for our meal including additional tips. We both had the Kobe beef (for an additional $30 pp), and I had the Monterey Abalone for an extra $30. You will find that some courses offer an item with an up-charge. The Kobe and the Abalone were SOOOOO worth it!!

Have a wonderful meal! We usually book a 6:00 or 6:30 pm seating because it can take 3 hours to dine there. We don't like to eat too late, so that time is perfect for us. I must say, it never feels like it takes that long! The experience ends much too quickly!!

tnpoohbear
11-14-2008, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the info -- I guess I better get prepared!

:mickey:

boo425
11-14-2008, 07:12 PM
I enjoyed this restaurant very much...its quite a unique dining experience. I didn't see a lot of women in formal wear, mostly just nice cocktail dresses or slacks and a fancy top. I don't recommend the wine pairing unless you are a real connoisseur, I was so full after all those courses with just one glass of wine, I don't think I could have had more than that. Save room for the coffee...its also an experience!

AuntLaura
11-16-2008, 08:17 PM
We've been twice. The food and service is wonderful. I noticed an interesting "implement" that was to be used with the main course. It looked like a combination of a knife and a spoon. Our server said it was a sauce spoon - said Queen Victoria believed that when you ate your main course, you should should cut up your food and put a little piece of everything on the spoon and eat it together. Not sure if that was true, but it made the experience fun. You'll have a fabulous time. I echo the advice about the coffee - the way they make it is an experience.

Belle619
11-17-2008, 10:13 AM
My sister and I went to V & A's in April for the first time and we LOVED it! She wore a pant suit and I wore a black linen cocktail dress and we fit in just fine with the dress code (they will stress this dress code to you on the phone when you make your ADR's though.)

The food was the best I've ever had ...anywhere...ever. Yes, it was expensive, but absolutely worth every penny. And we highly recommend the coffee!

Also, they give you a personalized menu, which makes a nice souvenir to help you remember this special dinner.

Airblue1
11-21-2008, 12:35 PM
This is a loose question in my head, but does V&A take Disney Dining Plan?