PDA

View Full Version : Mid-November crowds

Epcot guy
11-13-2008, 06:14 PM
Will be going back in 09 sometime in November. It will most likely be the week of November 8th, 2009 to November 14th, 2009. As with Veterens day right in the middle does this sound like a good week for low crowds. Anyone that just came back or usually goes around that time I would love it if you could help me out. Thanks

A Big Kid
11-13-2008, 06:54 PM
That is our usual time to go because the crowds are light and the weather is mild. Some of the Christmas decorations are up, as well.

Towards Turkey day and right after it tends to get a bit crowded, though.

Epcot guy
11-13-2008, 08:10 PM
What is this i hear about "Jersey Week" Do we have dates for this event or with my dates am I gonna miss it?

honeebee86
11-13-2008, 08:28 PM
The crowds are not that bad. You may see them a little busy during the beginning due to Veteran's Day usually falling aroud that time and the last days of the Food &Wine Festival are also around that time (excpect a heavy-light to moderate crowds). This is when we go. We love it! The weather is wonderful. Warm in the day but not humid and a little chilly at night but nothing a light jacket can't help. After you get pass the end of the Food & Wine and the holiday, it really lightens up. It is great because you usually get to catch the last day of the Food & Wine Festival in Epcot and the beginning of the Christmas decorations and the start of the Christmas party. The Obsborne Lights used to be up at this time as well, but they moved the dates back this year.

GoldenDreams
11-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Hi there,

We just got back from a trip that went 11/4-11/12. The crowds were great, but were especially good on Veteran's Day. We were at Magic Kingdom and we were able to hop off of rides and get right back on with no wait or a wait of just a few minutes. This was true at Haunted Mansion and Buzz LIghtyear and Pirates. I think you'll be happy with that choice.

sandeecheeks
11-15-2008, 06:04 PM
We also had a good experience in Nov. Just got back from our trip (10/30 to 11/11). We found that before Veteran's Day and Jersey Week the crowds were really small. Noticed an increase of people on Wed the 3rd due to Jersey Week as well as the Children's Miracle PGA golf tournament. We stayed at the Grand Floridian and it went from almost deserted to busseling overnight. Didn't seem to effect the parks as much as the hotels though. We did find that every second person (or more!) that we talked to was from Jersey! Still, it was a wonderful time to go - almost never waited in line for a ride the whole time we were there.

ryels
11-17-2008, 12:00 PM
We just got back from WDW yesterday. The crowds were very low nearly all of last week. Several days we were able to walk on nearly everything at Magic Kingdom (except for Peter Pan of course, there's always a wait there;)).

The only day we saw really heavy crowds was around the World Showcase during the last day of the F&WF. But Future World was ok even that day.

I think we will be going back during this week again.

Tinkerbella16
11-17-2008, 12:23 PM
We just got back from WDW yesterday. The crowds were very low nearly all of last week. Several days we were able to walk on nearly everything at Magic Kingdom (except for Peter Pan of course, there's always a wait there;)).

The only day we saw really heavy crowds was around the World Showcase during the last day of the F&WF. But Future World was ok even that day.

I think we will be going back during this week again.

We were also there last week... we arrived on the 9th and left on saturday the 15th. The crowds were great...we never really had to wait for anything. Epcot was pretty crowded on sunday as it was the last day for F&WF, but it was still manageble. We went to MK for evening EMH afterwards and it was really not crowded at all. The weather was a little off from was it normally is like...we go the same week every year and it was never as hot as it got this past week.

Jersey Week is usually the first week of november.

illini
11-17-2008, 12:23 PM
That's similar to the dates we went last year (11th through 18th). Crowds were fantastic! The weekend before Thanksgiving got a little crazy, though that may have just been in comparison to the walk-ons we had at ToT earlier in the week.

Perfect time to visit!