PDA

View Full Version : Question Regarding Friendship Boats?

HeadFairyInCharge
11-13-2008, 12:52 PM
IN Epcot how do the boats run on a schedule or whenever there is someone needing transportation ? Can you take a boat from in Epcot to Yacht Club ? Or do you get dropped off at Int'l gateway dock and walk over ? Anyone know anything about this I would like to get this straight before I get there. Thanks.

huzzah4
11-13-2008, 01:30 PM
My understanding, and someone please correct me if I am wrong, is that the friendship boats only travel directly around the lake within EPCOT. You will have to walk to the International Gateway to board the boat that would return you to Yacht Club, Swan/Dolphin, and Hollywood Studios. The EPCOT boats do not travel outside of the park, keeping up with the tickets would be prohibitively difficult, they would have to have an entrance gate at each dock if that were the case.

ChipDale2708
11-13-2008, 02:44 PM
The Friendship boats that run btwn Future World and World Showcase do not run to the resorts. However, when you exit at the International Gateway, there is a Friendship boat launch that goes the route between YC/BC, Boardwalk, Swan/Dolphin and the Studios.

Zawadi
11-13-2008, 02:56 PM
On World Showcase Lagoon, the boats run between the 4 jetties. They are simply ferries across the lagoon.

From the International Gateway (IG), the boats run the following loop to provide transporation to the resorts and Hollywood Studios (DHS)

IG --> Boardwalk --> YC/BC --> Swan/Dolphin --> DHS (then in the reverse order back to IG).

The boats run to a schedule as opposed to "on demand".

As the boat's first stop from IG is the Boardwalk, it is actually quicker to walk from IG to the Yacht&Beach Club.

Simba's Mom
11-13-2008, 04:32 PM
Also, the Friendship boats stopped operating at 7:15 when I was there a few weeks ago. I think they go until about sunset. The boat from the IG goes to the Boardwalk before it goes to the lighthouse between Y&B. From there it goes to Swan/Dolphin and then DHS. The easiest way to remember is that the boat never travels past the Beach Club shoreline (at least that's the way it used to be, it may have changed).

Zawadi
11-13-2008, 05:07 PM
Also, the Friendship boats stopped operating at 7:15 when I was there a few weeks ago.

The World Showcase Lagoon launches stop around 7:15pm so that the IllumiNations fireworks can be armed for the 9pm show.

The International Gateway <--> DHS launch continues to operate up to 1 hour after park close

Imagineer1981
11-14-2008, 12:56 PM
To answer your question though, don't take the boat from international gateway to YC...you can walk there faster

mainemajor
11-15-2008, 02:04 PM
To answer your question though, don't take the boat from international gateway to YC...you can walk there faster

We took this last year just for the fun of it. We were in no rush and wanted to have another "ride" and get offour feet for a little while.