PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Decorations

The REAL Cinderella
11-13-2008, 10:32 AM
Are the Christmas Decorations up? We will be there starting on Sunday for eight days! I saw on a post that the decorations are up in the resorts, but I dont think anyone answered if they are up in the parks?

Thanks for the info!:mickey:

Strmchsr
11-13-2008, 11:13 AM
They are mostly up. There will be some additions going on both at the parks and the resorts. MK is pretty much completely finished, but things like the Epcot tree lighting and all the events there, plus the Osborne Lights, don't start until Nov 28. Also the gingerbread house (GF) and other gingerbread decorations usually aren't finished until closer to Thanksgiving.

tigger24601
11-13-2008, 02:10 PM
we will be arriving on sunday also. i saw on another post that the gingerbread house will have it's grand opening on the 17th. we will definatley be making time for it in our schedule.

AHOTE
11-13-2008, 03:06 PM
Compared with last year this time the decorations are no where near complete. None of the main trees were up as of Tuesday but we did see progress being made on a daily basis with garlands and lightpole decorations. We were told that decorating has been pushed back a bit with its completion set for 11/28. The MK was the farthest along because of the MVMCP, which was very good. The temperature Monday night was 58 with a steady breeze that was strong enough to carry the snow from Main Street all the way to the train station. Hoodies were a hot item that night along with hot chocolate.

joelkfla
11-14-2008, 08:59 AM
I noticed that the tree is up and lit out front of DAK, but not the one at DHS yet.

kadesha
11-15-2008, 01:26 PM
any updates? Is the big tree up at Mk yet?

Daisy'sMom
11-16-2008, 02:01 PM
I was at MK last Sunday and the some of the decorations are up, but I did not see the big tree. The railroad station is done and the garland across Main Street is strung.
I just love this time of year.
:santa3::santa3:

J9
11-16-2008, 02:15 PM
As of the 15th, the trees in the MK and DHS were nowhere to be found.

On the 14th, the Epcot tree was up with a good number of bare spots, and it was not lit. THe smaller tree in American Adventure was up and lit, however.

We hadn't been to AK since Wednesday, but on Weds the tree was not up there.

None of the trees in the resorts were up either, although decorations were popping up here and there each day.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-16-2008, 06:51 PM
It wasn't up today.

kadesha
11-17-2008, 09:26 AM
The AK tree is up and the Jingle Jungle parade has began. The characters in Camp Minnie MIckey are also in Christmas costume! yay!!

I've also heard that the big tree at Epcot is being lit now as well.

joelkfla
11-18-2008, 10:43 PM
The tree in front of DHS is up now.

I watched "Cindrella's Holiday Wish" (the Castle lighting show) and "Wishes" on Monday night. They've done a nice job of integrating the Castle Dream Lights into the "Wishes" finale, and the post-show looks even better with the Dream Lights on at low intensity.

henry.james.s
11-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Can't wait..I'm sure most will be up by the time I get there on the 1st od December. :thumbsup:

tdhiatt
11-20-2008, 09:46 PM
Just got home. Its really beautiful. All the fun starts Tommorow. Have a blast@!