PDA

View Full Version : Menu Prices on INTERCOT????

pdrlkr
11-12-2008, 08:58 PM
How accurate are the prices on the menus listed on INTERCOT? I am finding great variations online. INTERCOT shows Puntas de Filete en Salsa Guajillo at San Angel Inn for $20.50 and another shows it for $28. Which is correct? We are trying to decide if the meal plan would be worth it for us.

henry.james.s
11-12-2008, 10:24 PM
Sadly the majority of the menus in Info Central are VERY out of date.
I pointed this out and I was told that other info has priority over updating menus.
Sorry & I know this won't be taken well but with all the concerns about WDW costs & planning accurate Menus & Prices are a very large part of the equation for alot of people.
Everyone has to eat.

Tbelle1976
11-13-2008, 07:16 AM
I think that the menus will probably at least give you a good idea on what to budget, at least it did for us. At first we were going to go with the DDP, but even the menus on here helped us decide that it was well worth it for us to have the Deluxe DDP.

Main reason is that every time we have ever gone to WDW we have not spent alot on food never thinking it was worth it. This time there are so many restaurants that we want to try, that the Deluxe will let us get everything in.

There are some other places you can also search for menu prices that might be more up to date, but I think that for the most part there may be a few $$ difference???

TinkerbellT421
11-13-2008, 08:31 AM
IMHO The convenience to not even have to worry about How and WHat your going to pay for food with is worth it. It is paid for and out of our budgeting well before we are there. SO then we start saving money for spending and other things. We dont even have to worry about "Hey do we have enough money left to try LeCellier tonight" we know what we can do, where we can go and not be limited to what dish we buy no matter how much or how less it might be. Unfortuantely the prices are not accurate on INTERCOT and I can see if you are on a budget how figuring out how much dishes you might like to try and calculate it, and see if its a value. I dont know if you can actually say its a "value" like OMG I saved 600.00! That happens very very rarely depending on the size of the party of attendence. But I am sure you will see that you have NO limitations to where you eat (Outside of non-disney owned restaurants which might not be part of the DP)...ME and DBF easily had 75 or 100.00 meals per night last time we were there and that was just for dinner. Lunch would have been 40-50.00 if not more depending. We have always liked that we are no longer limited (like our first trip to the world together) to what we would like to eat and what we "could afford" to eat. And not have to worry about carrying cash for meals. Good luck in your search of up-to-date menu prices! I am sure you will see that the DP is well worth your time! :mickey:

big blue and hairy
11-13-2008, 08:31 AM
A suggestion to the Intercot folks. When a menu is updated, why not put the update date? I know there is a lot for you folks to do and you do a great job. That would just let people know from the start how old the menu is. :)

:sulley:

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-13-2008, 08:35 AM
I sent you a Private message in regards to this question. Hope it helps.:mickey:

bkfree
11-13-2008, 10:00 AM
I sent you a Private message in regards to this question. Hope it helps.:mickey:

I sent you one also.

Goes4FastPass
11-13-2008, 10:49 AM
This is a very informative thread. I just sent myself a private message.

anyway,

The Intercot folks have a standing request (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=119089)for people to send them updated menus as they return from WDW. We're all (or at least many of us) anxious to know exactly what's on the menu at WDW restaurants and what it will cost. Are we as anxious to send Intercot detailed messages listing every item at every restaurant we ate at while on vacation? Does WDW offer this info on their website? Not at all.

I think Intercot gives us a lot at zero cost to us. That having been said, I agree dates on posted menus gives an indication of how current the info is.

I consider all online restaurant menus from all sites - even the menus restaurants post themselves to be a general ideas.

I fear if you're choosing a specific restaurant because their bass has fingerling potatoes at $28.95 vs the one that has polenta at $34.95 you're in for some dissapointments.

Also, I try to keep my vacations a little loooser than depending on wheather Narcoosee has lobsters tonight or not.

TheDuckRocks
11-13-2008, 11:14 AM
In general I would go with the highest price that you have seen. I don't recall anyone coming back from a trip and reporting in that, "I was so surprised that the meals cost less than I had seen posted".

big blue and hairy
11-13-2008, 02:14 PM
This is a very informative thread. I just sent myself a private message. :funny: hmmmmm....talking to yourself, huh?

Belster
11-13-2008, 02:28 PM
I had the same issue with the menus. We did end up going with the meal plan but wanted to budget in for tip money before we came. I did use the menus on intercot, I just chose the highest item and added it up times the number in my party. Then I added some tax and 20%. I was very close to the accurate amount needed for tip. I think the menus give a nice estimate.

pdrlkr
11-13-2008, 07:11 PM
Thanks to everyone for the advice! :thumbsup: We were trying to decide if we would actually save any money since we wouldn't normally get desert. We are not trying to put down INTERCOT or anyone else on the web. Just hoping to find out which one to use. Anyway, we are going with dining plan as of right now. Thanks again! :thumbsup: :mickey: