PDA

View Full Version : A little help with making reservations

Tinkerbelly84
11-12-2008, 02:41 PM
Is it true that you have to make reservations with a credit card? Is it also true that if you do not cancel them 48 hours before hand they charge your card?

Figment!
11-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Is it true that you have to make reservations with a credit card? For some locations this is true; however, most do not require a credit card to hold the reservation.

See the Advanced Dining Reservations (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/pss.asp)section of INTERCOT info Central for a listing of locations that require a credit card number to hold the reservation.
(http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/pss.asp)

Is it also true that if you do not cancel them 48 hours before hand they charge your card?This is true for those locations that require a credit card number; however, the window is not always 48 hours--some locations differ.

See the section linked above for the individual polices of the locations that require credit card numbers.

jpH/keD
11-12-2008, 03:00 PM
When we went last Thanksgiving, the only places I had to give a cc# were CRT and for the Hoop De Doo. Have fun:thumbsup:

honeebee86
11-12-2008, 03:04 PM
Only a few restaurants require a hold on a credit card, like the dinner shows for example. If you do not cancel withing 48 hours, they do charge the card. However, if you are going to be on the dining plan, they still require a credit card but do not charge it until either you do not show up for your reservation and did not cancel before the 48 hours, or until you actually go to the restaurant and tell them how you would like to pay for the meal (use dining plan points, use the credit card oon file or a different one, or pay in cash). At least this is what they did for me last year when I booked dinner at the hoop-de-doo review. I told them I was on the dining plan and they asked for a credit card but it was not charged. Hope that helped!:mickey:

Tinkerbelly84
11-13-2008, 12:10 AM
thanks for your help

Tbelle1976
11-13-2008, 06:54 AM
I just made 17 ADR's for February and the only ones I needed to give a cc# for was Cali Grill and Akershus (princess breakfast). They did tell me on those 2 that I will need 48 hrs notice to cancel them or $20 from each person on the ADR would be charged to my card!