PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dollars and Soda...

whymsycalwitch
11-12-2008, 01:45 PM
Can you use Disney Dollars at the soda stands in the parks? The ones that sell ice-cream, pop-corn etc but sell soda too. I would like to get hubby some for his first trip the WDW. He drinks a lot of Diet Coke so I thought that he could use it to get them while in the parks. I think the last time I looked bottled soda was $2.50 or $3.

Thanks for all your help
Tammy

GLM
11-12-2008, 02:50 PM
Yes, you sure can. We do it every year. :)

honeebee86
11-12-2008, 03:10 PM
Yes, you can use Disney Dollars at those stands. Keep in mind, soda are exactly $2 and since they do not give the change back in Disney Dollars, you may want to get a bunch of $1's. But, if you don't want to carry a bunch of money, you could always put money on a disney gift card (available at almost all WDW stores and hotels and all disney stores) and just get a few disney dollars if you must have some. The great hting about the gift cards is 1. they are reloadable 2. they do not expire or have any fees 3. you can use them almost everywhere including those stands 4.If you happen to lose it, as long as you have the receipt from when you got it, they can re-issue you a new one with the remaining balance!

whymsycalwitch
11-13-2008, 11:14 AM
I didn't know you could use the Gift Cards at those stands? I thought they only took cash. Great I will get him a gift card instead! That way he won't have to carry around a bunch of bills. I might get him a few, just because it's his first trip.

Thanks!